Main > The Round Table

What was your "defining moment" that drew you to knighthood/chivalry?

<< < (6/9) > >>

Lord Tristin:
I was always drawn to my families past, and enthralled by games like D&D and Elder scrolls. The real attraction to Chivalry came when I heard the story of my ancestors and how they lived. One particular ancestor stands out to me. A Man form my family once stood up for his queens honor, accusing her family of abusing her power due to her illness. the de facto regent stripped him of his title and sentenced him to death. rather than die like a dog he choose to challenge the regent to a duel, the regent of course used a stand in, a talented young warrior. He defeated the young knight and then fought of several men at arms before being cut down by crossbows. His sacrifice was the catalyst for the fall of the regents power after the Queen's death. The regent and his supporters ended up hanging.

Corvus:
This fellow sounds like a truly valiant man, Tristin! A good role model indeed.

Lord Tristin:
I have one quote. I can't say I invented it, but it was used by my family for  generations I don't know if they invented it.

"Live what you say you believe."

Lord Chagatai:
Well, my defining moment came in 2006, although I have had an interest in Knights and the code all the way back to my childhood. In 2006, I lost my mom and had never really treated her like I should have growing up and I was upset that I had not had the chance to say goodbye or even try to change anything I had done in the past by becoming a great son and taking care of her and my Dad. That was the day that I vowed to follow the code no matter what happens in my life. There have been times that I have fallen off that path but some how my faith just keeps bringing me back. I had also found the SCA once again in 2001-2002 and was playing the game with some great people that taught me the code not only worked well within the SCA but you could bring to your everyday life.

In 2007, I lost another family member my step daughter, but for all intent and purposes my daughter. You was weak from past years of bad decisions, my wife and I stepped up and helped her try and get over where she had fallen too. So this is where my FAITH came into question, I thought to myself that "why would GOd take someone so young and getting back to where she needed to be" "why would he do it when she was at the tip of the hole she had dug herself into"...I turned to my Knight for answers and he discussed with me that it is not our job to question what was done but to find humility in it and become humbled because he gave her to you and that he used his power to bring her to where she was when she was taken.

Nowadays, I strive to live by the code in everything I do. I try to remain humble and not really boast about things but first and foremost help the weak, and stay true to my faith. I think that of all the virtues, FAITH is the one that I struggle with the most. I question mine on a daily basis and have not figured out how to just let myself go...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joshua Santana:
LrdMurchadth, Corvus, Lord Tristin, amazing testimonials and this encourages me to go one everyday with Chivalry.  Thank you and I also encourage you to continue to live with Knightly Honor and Courage.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version