"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences."
                -- Koto Midori

Author Topic: Kite shield  (Read 11793 times)

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
Re: Kite shield
« Reply #15 on: 2010-10-08, 02:32:37 »
I was set to commission another one but if the Red Knight would be amenable to taking on a commission, I'd much rather give the business to a fellow forum member.

Now that is high praise!  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to take on other projects right now.  It took me weeks of stealing a few minutes here and there just to finish the shield I have.  Maybe some day.  I noticed from your strapping you're a lefty.  Do you run into trouble finding shields strapped for southpaws?
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2010-10-08, 13:36:31 »
That is ok...a knight will always require a shield so should you ever get the time, I'll be waiting!  You've adapted Gaffer's suggestions beautifully! 

Anyhow, yes, it is near impossible to find a shield strapped for a southpaw unless I commission one...not a huge deal but every once in a while I'll see one I really want (like the Crusader Shield from Windlass) but of course, its only for orthodox folk.  Its ok...I'm the only one in my right mind, far as I can tell!  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #17 on: 2010-10-08, 13:43:44 »
Its ok...I'm the only one in my right mind, far as I can tell!  lol

That's what my dad always says (he's a leftie too)... "Only left-handed people are in their right minds."

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2010-10-08, 19:11:19 »
He knows the goods!  ;)

LOL

My maternal grandma was a lefty too, but when she was little, they forced her to learn penmanship right-handed; the end result being she had pretty horrendous handwriting (but I never said so)!!!
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #19 on: 2010-10-08, 19:27:15 »

My maternal grandma was a lefty too, but when she was little, they forced her to learn penmanship right-handed; the end result being she had pretty horrendous handwriting (but I never said so)!!!

Yeah, my paternal grandmother was taught to write right-handed as well. In her case, it trained her to be ambidextrous, which was pretty cool. She could write equally well with both hands.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )