Main > The Round Table

Terry Jones: The Knight

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
I'll have to check this out but if he goes about dispelling the myth that knights were primarily saintly chivalric types, then I'm interested already.  That is not to say I do not believe in chivalry or its sustainability- just that it seems a bit...unrealistic to believe that they were ALL like that as I don't believe it is human nature to place the safety and needs of others, at least not overall.  I DO believe, however, that there are certain types of individuals who are 'made' in that way; really good cops, doctors, teachers- it takes a certain kind of individual to perform these duties admirably and well, especially considering the adversity they face from an unforgiving and ungrateful community-at-large.

Sir Patrick:
As a history buff, I've kown the "truth" about actual knights for years, so why is it every time I see something like that I still feel as if someone just told me there's no Santa Claus?  Recieving the accolade may allow someone to call himself a knight, but it is what is inside the man that makes him one.

Sir Wolf:
wait ?

theres no santa claus?

Sir Edward:

I know what you mean. It's like "Stop raining on my parade!!!!"  :)

Sir Patrick:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-11-02, 12:03:09 ---wait ?

theres no santa claus?

--- End quote ---

Oh, I didn't say there wasn't a Santa, Sir Wolf.  I was just saying it was like when someone says there's no Santa.  You can go back to writing your list now ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version