Main > The Round Table

My New COA

<< < (4/18) > >>

Sir Edward:

Sir Brian:
WHOA! You might be onto something there Sir Edward! That looks great! I'll take three of them!
Can you have them ready before our October 16th invasion weekend?  ;)

Sir Edward:
Haha, it's hard enough to find time to sew my own. :)

The interesting thing is that I'm not sure if what I did is correct. Technically, the green is in dexter, I think, because the chief sits over it (in terms of layering) and it's the only color in the base division of the shield. However, if you called it "Per Fess, Argent and Vert", the white would be in dexter. Really, the only visible difference is where the color separation is. Right across the middle it's really Per Fess, whereas close to the top, it's a Chief over a single-color field. But I'm just not sure in the case of the chief as to which color is suppose to come "first".

EDIT: as an aside, this is cool: http://heraldry.sca.org/primer/variants.html  ... I forgot all about fimbriation and voiding and all that.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote ---
So with my paltry attempt of blazonry I came up with this:

Vert, a gryphon or segreant. On a chief wavy argent, a rose sable.

--- End quote ---

Ok the blazon program confirmed my blazonry skills are sadly lacking! The program blazoned my new COA as follows:  :-[

Vert, on a Chief wavy Argent, a rose Sable, a Gryphon Segreant Or

Dragonlover:
The black rose on the white field (argent-silver) would have actually been more realistic, and authentic.
I like the wave too, SHARP!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version