Main > The Round Table

How "in shape" was the average knight or man at arms?

<< < (12/13) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Hey, I was referring to the women!  :D
As soldiers, those longbowmen were pretty fierce. Good at putting arrows in the horses of those ingenious Frenchmen charging hedges of stakes...  8) 

Sir Wolf:
this knight has .8 lbs to his goal. 180.8 this morning. even after Thanksgiving and its many desserts

Sir Brian:
Congratulations Sir Wolf! Well done! I applaud your dedication to achieving your goal!  :)

I unfortunately have reached an obstinate plateau @ 220 pounds. I’ve decided to alternate my workouts a little by alternating my weight training with longsword exercises. Surprisingly I work up more of a sweat with the longsword practice than with the weights which is really just building strength more than cardio.  :-\

Sir Wolf:
i know how that is. i tried to lose weight once before and couldn't' break 200 so i gave up. DON'T GIVE UP.

i need to start hitting the treadmill again or some sort of exercise. all of this weight loose since the baby has been born is just portion control. hehe my tummy is a lil flabby from extra skin ;)

Sir Patrick:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-11-27, 12:19:13 ---this knight has .8 lbs to his goal. 180.8 this morning. even after Thanksgiving and its many desserts

--- End quote ---

Huzzah, Sir Wolf, on that accomplishment!

--- Quote ---I unfortunately have reached an obstinate plateau @ 220 pounds. I’ve decided to alternate my workouts a little by alternating my weight training with longsword exercises. Surprisingly I work up more of a sweat with the longsword practice than with the weights which is really just building strength more than cardio.
--- End quote ---

Agreed with Sir Wolf.  DON'T GIVE UP!  I've often found alternating the workout makes a big difference.  A mix of weights and cardio works best for me, and I try to mix up the routine every six weeks or so (screws around with muscle memory so the buggers can't get lazy).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version