"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
                -- Thomas Edison

Author Topic: Things to come before Fall and things I still need help with  (Read 8722 times)

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
Re: Things to come before Fall and things I still need help with
« Reply #15 on: 2014-06-19, 16:27:33 »
That Squire line sword actually isn't that bad of a price. I must have missed those when I was looking at Albion's swords. Right in my time frame, too. I think. My comprehension of sword typology isn't that great. :P
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • He who fears death is already dead...
« Reply #16 on: 2014-06-19, 16:37:01 »
They don't have a squire line sword for mid to late 14th :(

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2014-06-19, 16:59:41 »
That Squire line sword actually isn't that bad of a price. I must have missed those when I was looking at Albion's swords. Right in my time frame, too. I think. My comprehension of sword typology isn't that great. :P

On Albion's site, most folks just go for the Next Generation lineup- if you click on Squire Line then you'll see them.  A nice, albeit small selection of swords.  There's also the Skirmish line which appears to be comprised of Norse-inspired blades exclusively for stage combat.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19, 17:00:06 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #18 on: 2014-06-20, 07:06:25 »
Nate. I have a Valiant Armoury sword I am selling with matching dagger in their original leather scabbards. I will post pics if you like to look. However they are sharpened so your parents must buy them for you due to state law (under 18). You have to keep the blades oiled. They will rust. The sword was called "Valiant" it is one of their discontinued designs but it is a hand and a half arming sword. Was one of my 1st blades.

I will have to pass on that offer lord Dane, I'm looking for a single handed, like a type X or type XI. With some help from Ulric I'm pretty sure now I know what Albion I want. I was also looking at scabbard sites recently and think it would be better to buy a scabbard for my sword first rather than get the sword, make more money then get the scabbard. Depending on the sword I'm getting though I may need to get it fitted, meaning I'll need to get the sword first.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"