"Honor is like an island, rugged and without a beach; once we have left it, we can never return."
                -- Nicholas Boileau

Author Topic: So it seems, for some reason, Darksword Armory is doing Pay-Per-View.  (Read 14451 times)

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
There was combat? All I saw were lots of ladies with fire. That's like the epitome of medieval, right? :P

Especially if there's black leather involved. :)

Someone leaked info about my new harness!

Hmm I seem to be remembering a need for medieval calendar ideas
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
That would've been like the ultimate in April Fools' jokes, but we're way past April so it lacks the usual punch.  Of course Eyal is probably serious and is thinking it'll take off like The Ultimate Fighter did; noted the UFC reference.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
That would've been like the ultimate in April Fools' jokes, but we're way past April so it lacks the usual punch.  Of course Eyal is probably serious and is thinking it'll take off like The Ultimate Fighter did; noted the UFC reference.

Of course then he might be having to deal with this kind of thing, which I don't think he, or his contestants, are.

« Last Edit: 2014-06-11, 01:00:27 by Thorsteinn »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
That is the only time I've ever seen the reverse wheelkick land a KO blow.  Perfect execution and the guy got back up in a minute or so after.  I haven't watched the show in years, glad to see they're still acquiring talent- but you gotta love the blowhards, especially when they get their comeuppance.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
That is the only time I've ever seen the reverse wheelkick land a KO blow.  Perfect execution and the guy got back up in a minute or so after.  I haven't watched the show in years, glad to see they're still acquiring talent- but you gotta love the blowhards, especially when they get their comeuppance.

and it can be seen that the fighters are good people
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
So I pointed out hat, given what we saw the fights must have a severely high injury rate. His reply was this

Quote from: Dark Sword Armory
We can't speak for the combat styles in general - to my knowledge, none of us in the company are members of Animus or any of the other groups involved, so we really just don't know. However, we did have one injury that required stitches during filming (an accidental hit to the head, I believe). Otherwise, there wasn't too much outside of the occasional bruise (and quite a lot of the competitors were wearing armour).

Kinda tells you all you need to know right there. Dude seems to be living in his own little world.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-11, 17:17:54 by Thorsteinn »

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Yea, what's an 'accidental hit to the head' in a live combat art?  Or did he mean someone missed a step in the choreography?  Man...its like he's gone in a different direction altogether.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
So I pointed out hat, given what we saw the fights must have a severely high injury rate. His reply was this

Quote from: Dark Sword Armory
We can't speak for the combat styles in general - to my knowledge, none of us in the company are members of Animus or any of the other groups involved, so we really just don't know. However, we did have one injury that required stitches during filming (an accidental hit to the head, I believe). Otherwise, there wasn't too much outside of the occasional bruise (and quite a lot of the competitors were wearing armour).

Kinda tells you all you need to know right there. Dude seems to be living in his own little world.

Where is this being discussed?  I've got to see this thread!
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I don't know that it's a thread, Ian- at least, I haven't seen it as of yet.  Maybe Thorsteinn has...could be a FB discussion as I haven't seen it on AA.

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Where is this being discussed?  I've got to see this thread!

Ask and ye shall recieve!

Real Chivalric Fighting!

Darksword Armory's new pay-per-view show...

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
One of those is locked for me. Did he reply directly in the other thread?
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
One of those is locked for me. Did he reply directly in the other thread?

The "Darksword" thread is unlocked if you log in to the HEMA Alliance forum. He didn't reply to the Misc Topics thread.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
It'll be more like Mortal Kombat the live action series than UFC.  What'll be really funny is if it takes off.

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • He who fears death is already dead...
I am not sure how he can defend it on the forum. The trailer shows a man with a torch swinging at another combatant... Surely not scripted right?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk