Main > The Armoury

So you want to buy some armor?? Here's a 'get started' guide!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir Martyn:
Very helpful, Sir Ian!

Ian:
I've updated this.  The original post is now the second post.  A while back I started to write a document that would help people get started in the Living History armor hobby, and I never got around to finishing it.  I will edit it over time as knowledge improves and I think of other stuff to throw in it, but it should still get people heading in the right direction. 

Please read it in it's entirety if this is something you're considering.  The goal behind this effort is to help new folks get started without having to duplicate a lot of the work that inevitably occurs when someone decides they want to do this.  I've aimed to answer a lot of the beginner's questions, while at the same time helping you understand what you're getting yourself in to.

Sir Edward:

This is awesomely good stuff. Thank you so much for working on this!

Sir Rodney:
Where was your article 20 years ago when I started down this mad path?!   ;)

You have included some very good information Ian.   8)

Sir William:
An excellent thread; I set it to notify for myself.  This makes for a great base to work from; thanks for posting it, Sir Ian.  What I would've given to have had this when I got started long enough ago for it to be a warm nostalgic memory now.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version