Main > The Armoury

So you want to buy some armor?? Here's a 'get started' guide!!

<< < (5/5)

AnsalonPaladin:
Who in the love of god can make me an arming vest like that?

I can't sew. People say practice. I need to be able to fight in the time that I'd spend practicing sewing lol.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: AnsalonPaladin on 2017-02-12, 04:25:56 ---Who in the love of god can make me an arming vest like that?

I can't sew. People say practice. I need to be able to fight in the time that I'd spend practicing sewing lol.

--- End quote ---

Ian can, but he's a freak of nature. I've managed to make one maybe 1/8 as nice as that one.   ::)

I had no (I mean NO) money when I started in the SCA.  My armour was plastic, borrowed and fit like crap.

My first major purchase was a sewing machine, the least expensive model available with metal gears (cheap plastic gear machines get destroyed quickly).  The store offered free sewing classes with the purchase of a machine.  This was my best investment of money and time in my SCA career.   :)

AnsalonPaladin:
I will gladly pay sir Ian a handsome price for such a doublet. I recently looked online and saw that some arming belts can be made out in the UK but they're like 80 pounds sterling and take 6-8 weeks and they're the belt, dang I forget the name. Not a C belt but the grommeted belt with points. Anyways, I'd rather do the doublet route since I plan to be in full plate harness in the next two years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version