Main > The Round Table

Pater Noster

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Patrick on 2014-08-10, 03:16:44 ---Made 3 single-decade "tenners" tonight for myself and the little squires.  The cross on the red-tasseled one was brought back from the Vatican by my late grandmother and has been blessed by then Pope (and now Saint) John Paul II.

--- End quote ---

Wow.

Eva de Carduus Weald:
I hadn't realized he was canonized. I have a rosary from the Vatican when I was there in the late 90's but I don't think it was blessed by the then Pope. Those are very awesome, and what a great addition to garb. It is that kind of thing that makes it a little more "real".

Ian:

--- Quote from: Eva de Carduus Weald on 2014-08-13, 15:06:57 ---I hadn't realized he was canonized. I have a rosary from the Vatican when I was there in the late 90's but I don't think it was blessed by the then Pope. Those are very awesome, and what a great addition to garb. It is that kind of thing that makes it a little more "real".

--- End quote ---

It's possible, a lot (if not all) of the rosaries sold in the Vatican shop were blessed by the Pope.  That's where I got the one I gifted to my mother.  I was there in early 2000.

Eva de Carduus Weald:
It is definitely possible, it is carved rosewood and smells lovely even after all of this time. I actually have 2 from there, one is the cheaper black plastic beads with a nice crucifix at the bottom but the really nice one has the seal of the Vatican on the front of the little pouch and as I said is all carved rosewood. I don't use it anymore but I still keep it.

Aiden of Oreland:
I wish I were a holy man. I really do. The thing is that I don't believe in the lord. That's the only thing holding me back from being religious, for I would feel guilty raying but not believing. I think religion is an awesome thing that more should practice. I envy each of you who follow this path. Maybe it'd be cool to have one of these anyway though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version