Main > The Round Table

Knightly Hairdos

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Wolf:
i think it was gerry embleton had a great showing of the different haircuts for the time periods

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Hair and beards were definitely a fashion statement and went through trends during the middle ages. Mens hair (head and face) usually followed the style that the current king chose to wear his.

I quite often sport a forked goatie as my king and his son did....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Edward_III_Black_Prince_14thc.jpg

Alas I no longer have the facilities to grow a full head of wavy locks so have decided to go for the soldiers style of choice ( vastly decreasing the chances of becoming a home for lice) a number 1 all over, right down to the wood.

G.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Gerard de Rodes on 2014-03-03, 18:45:57 ---...decided to go for the soldiers style of choice ( vastly decreasing the chances of becoming a home for lice) a number 1 all over, right down to the wood.

G.

--- End quote ---

Amen brother!

Stanislaw:
Growth of long hair on my head is something I've been keeping up with for more than a year now. Check these drawings of effigies from around the period I aim to portray:

Aiden of Oreland:
I noticed that in a lot of theses effigies it depicts people with wavy hair. In fact in a lot of medieval art work I see this. Is it the actual style or just an artistic way to draw hair? If it was the style did people make their hair wavy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version