"I think that more Knights are made on the school-ground than on the battle field."
                ---Benjamin Disraeli

Author Topic: Armor recommendations??  (Read 22796 times)

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
Re: Armor recommendations??
« Reply #15 on: 2013-12-31, 08:31:42 »
Is dome riveted maille 'crusader-era' appropriate??
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2013-12-31, 14:33:10 »
Is dome riveted maille 'crusader-era' appropriate??

yep, dome riveted with alternating rows of riveted and punched rings would be appropriate.  With the concession that our 'dome-riveted' doesn't really look like their rivets, but it's a close as you're gonna get without going custom.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #17 on: 2013-12-31, 16:08:47 »
ya dome vs wedge. in my book both are just as off as the other compared to the originals. but if thats the only look you are going for, get the domed

LionPride32

• New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: 2014-01-12, 22:53:32 »
Well men, I got my chainmail coif last week. Its cheap, I must admit, but I'm on a budget for now. I have some faux gloves too, ok for costume, til I get real leather ones. My kit is nearing completeion, altough I'm typing frrom a phone and don't know HOW to copy and paste a link to my facebook page... I suppose maybe I can just provide my full name, and check out my pics on Facebook fromvthere, or I can email Sir Edward and attach pics of my weapons and kit, for him to distribute to the other members? I'm about ready to fill out my application, I'm excited!! So please let me know what to do in requards to phtots please. Thanks men!!

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #19 on: 2014-01-13, 14:44:08 »
There are several options for sharing photos, actually. FB works, of course, as well as uploading as attachments here.

But probably what will be easiest for you is to set up a web album on PhotoBucket, Flickr, Imgur, or one of those kinds of photo-sharing sites. Most of them will even give you the links you need in BB-code format for pasting into a forum post. Imgur makes this really easy, I've noticed. It's been a while since I've played with the others, but they're probably pretty easy too these days).

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 2014-01-13, 16:43:19 »
Flickr is tied to yahoo, and has 1 TB storage. If you have a yahoo, you can use it for Flickr, no separate accounts.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #21 on: 2014-01-13, 17:22:30 »
Flickr is tied to yahoo, and has 1 TB storage. If you have a yahoo, you can use it for Flickr, no separate accounts.

Well how about that? I've been playing around with the idea of signing up for a photo-sharing site for quite some time, but kept putting if off because I didn't want to have to deal with yet another log-in and password. Had I known ages ago that it was that simple..... ::)

I can be a little technologically illiterate at times. :P
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 2014-01-13, 18:14:45 »
Flickr is owned by Yahoo yes, but they let you log in with your google account or facebook account.  I use my google account so I don't even worry about a yahoo account.  Flickr's always been my hosting service of choice.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #23 on: 2014-01-13, 20:29:52 »

Imgur also lets you log in with social-accounts. I just tried it out for the first time this week, and found it easy to work with.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #24 on: 2014-01-14, 21:32:19 »
Sir Ulrich that armor site is awesome, Ill have to buy my Long sleeve Riveted maille there.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • He who fears death is already dead...
« Reply #25 on: 2014-01-14, 22:19:11 »
http://allbeststuff.com/9-mm-Flat-Riveted-Solid-Ring-Chain-Mail-Aventail

68 USD shipped to my door? That can't be right. Anyone bought from them an aventail? I can't find any reviews online. I mean if they are legit...I totally am getting a blackened aventail for my munitions blackened bascinet for SCA!

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #26 on: 2014-01-15, 03:15:44 »

68 USD shipped to my door? That can't be right. Anyone bought from them an aventail? I can't find any reviews online. I mean if they are legit...I totally am getting a blackened aventail for my munitions blackened bascinet for SCA!

Ya It's Crazy, Im gonna save a fortune with this place. Or my Parents are(Don't worry i'm not spoiled, I buy alot of my stuff.)
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #27 on: 2014-01-15, 14:46:42 »

I would be cautious ordering that. Some quick googling isn't finding any reviews or discussions about that website, meaning it's probably new, and it is based on a generic shopping cart. While not directly indicative of problems, it's worth noting that anyone can set something like that up, in minutes, and fraudulent sites have done so in the past. It might be legit, but there is no way to know based on current information.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #28 on: 2014-01-15, 15:01:38 »
Yeah, I have seen lots of their stuff on ebay...but I am wary...especially as I post this and was looking for a review this morning all of a sudden one appeared!

Andreas on 15/01/2014
1 reviews
This product is well made. as the picture shows this is only the bottom part and not hooded. overall satisfied.

So either that is really lucky for me or someone notice someone searching and put a fake review up...I think I will wait and see if Ulrich buys from them first ;)

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #29 on: 2014-01-15, 15:04:42 »
They have 100% on Ebay but not the same inventory...so it makes me wonder...maybe I will contact them on ebay and see if the website is their really and if so could they put the aventail on ebay for me to purchase through there for fraud prevention.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/all_beststuff
« Last Edit: 2014-01-15, 15:04:54 by Belemrys »