"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences."
                -- Koto Midori

Author Topic: What In your Opinion Really ended the age of Knights  (Read 10604 times)

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
Re: What In your Opinion Really ended the age of Knights
« Reply #15 on: 2013-12-16, 19:26:52 »

Deadliest warrior Knight v.s. Pirate
This fight is So rigged.

Yes, all the Deadliest Warrior fights are rigged. The winner is determined by the computer simulation they do based on the (extremely flawed) weapons testing. It has nothing to do with an actual fight. The only thing to take from that show is the cool tests they do - any of the stats, battles, and half of the "experts" are useless as a source of information - entertainment, sure - information, not so much.

I saw one full episode of that show (and various little clips from other episodes) and thought it was a complete joke. It had such potential for being an awesome show, but instead came across like a bunch of frat boys playing with weapons and pretending to know about history. Then when they started assigning these arbitrary numbers to their "X factors"...yikes. The tests with the ballistic gel dummies are pretty cool, though.
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: What In your Opinion Really ended the age of Knights
« Reply #16 on: 2013-12-16, 22:38:48 »

Deadliest warrior Knight v.s. Pirate
This fight is So rigged.

I guess in the end the show did show how deadly weapons were. Like the morning star. That Thing just tore out 2/3s of the dummys face in 1 swing. Brain were hanging out. It was AWesome. Really activates your inner 9 year old.

Yes, all the Deadliest Warrior fights are rigged. The winner is determined by the computer simulation they do based on the (extremely flawed) weapons testing. It has nothing to do with an actual fight. The only thing to take from that show is the cool tests they do - any of the stats, battles, and half of the "experts" are useless as a source of information - entertainment, sure - information, not so much.

I saw one full episode of that show (and various little clips from other episodes) and thought it was a complete joke. It had such potential for being an awesome show, but instead came across like a bunch of frat boys playing with weapons and pretending to know about history. Then when they started assigning these arbitrary numbers to their "X factors"...yikes. The tests with the ballistic gel dummies are pretty cool, though.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"