"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                -- Eddie Rickenbacker

Author Topic: too quiet today  (Read 9192 times)

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: too quiet today
« Reply #15 on: 2013-12-13, 02:48:34 »
It just dawned on me, That if we discussed what is better Lord of the rings or the hobbit.
Or wether they were good or not.(more dangerous than other topics.)

There will be Blood.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #16 on: 2013-12-13, 14:11:54 »
This is how I feel, on Christmas morning. Im sauruman and my family is the rest.

That is one of the better ones, I think. This one was good too:

« Last Edit: 2013-12-13, 14:12:12 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2013-12-13, 16:00:32 »
Well, LOTR was more of an epic tale than the Hobbit; I haven't seen the second one yet but what I've heard isn't too reassuring.  More like PJ took a great story and turned it into a flashy Hollywood epic, but somehow the source material got left behind in some way.  As I said, haven't seen it, loved the first one though.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #18 on: 2013-12-13, 16:14:37 »
ya i mean he's gotta do something to update it for stupid audience peoples, the hobbit was a childrens story based outta ww1 lol

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #19 on: 2013-12-13, 21:03:49 »
What a lot of people don't realize is that the Hobbit movies include more detail than the book. Which doesn't always happen. So I have found the motion pictures to be better. The book kinda lacks detail in some areas. Believe me that they are no LoTR. The movies go more in depth in a sense. Don't get me wrong, usually books are better than the movie based on it (don't get me started with the Percy Jackson and The Olympians movie), but I have to disagree with the hobbit. Also, it is hard to make the Hobbit as good as LoTR because the Hobbit is like "I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!!!" and LoTR is like "I must go on a quest to decide the fate of the world. If i don't succeed every one dies" I believe the Hobbit is as good as it is going to get as a movie. Haha by the way... The boogie monster checks his closet every night for... Chuck Noris.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #20 on: 2013-12-13, 22:44:47 »
Well, LOTR was more of an epic tale than the Hobbit; I haven't seen the second one yet but what I've heard isn't too reassuring.  More like PJ took a great story and turned it into a flashy Hollywood epic, but somehow the source material got left behind in some way.  As I said, haven't seen it, loved the first one though.

Well, in trying not give away any spoilers, I'll say that "I really liked it, but —".

He took a lot more liberties with the story than he did on the first Hobbit, and there were a few changes that I thought were completely unnecessary and could have done without. Let's just say I would liked to have seen more of Beorn, less of Tauriel. It's also a bit CGI-heavy in places. I thought the way PJ did his cameo was great, though. So overall I liked it, and I can appreciate the fact that it is just an interpretation of the book rather than a word-for-word facsimile of it. Personally, I liked how he interwove The Hobbit with the events from things like the Appendices; things that were canonically happening at the time, but weren't mentioned in the book. So, while I think Tolkien purists would find it disagreeable, as a casual movie-goer I rather enjoyed it and look forward to the final installment.
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #21 on: 2013-12-14, 05:34:36 »

Well, in trying not give away any spoilers, I'll say that "I really liked it, but —".

He took a lot more liberties with the story than he did on the first Hobbit, and there were a few changes that I thought were completely unnecessary and could have done without. Let's just say I would liked to have seen more of Beorn, less of Tauriel. It's also a bit CGI-heavy in places. I thought the way PJ did his cameo was great, though. So overall I liked it, and I can appreciate the fact that it is just an interpretation of the book rather than a word-for-word facsimile of it. Personally, I liked how he interwove The Hobbit with the events from things like the Appendices; things that were canonically happening at the time, but weren't mentioned in the book. So, while I think Tolkien purists would find it disagreeable, as a casual movie-goer I rather enjoyed it and look forward to the final installment.

I just saw part 2. I have to say. We're I found the first hobbit lacking well, worthiness to lotr. I have to say this one is worthy. It's good. If you don't like part1 you may actually like part 2.  But after this one I have to say the hobbit is really turning out to be incomparible to lotr. It does have to have its silly moments. Although there are a lot scenes were it does hold back on silliness which really made part 2 good. It kept the silliness away from characters/scenes were there is nothing to laugh about. Lotr is more mature. Comparing these movies would be like comparing the lotr books to the hobbit book. They can't compare. Lotr is well better, but on a final note these hobbit movies are better than the book. And I am well prepared to argue it. Part 2 is well done. It has worthiness to lotr
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 2013-12-18, 18:31:32 »
That's good to know; as for CGI, I imagine there's a reason why it was used.  Not having seen it yet myself I can only speculate as to what parts were CGI but that in and of itself doesn't bother me, so long as it is well done.  I happened to be channel surfing and came across the 1980 version of Clash of the Titans...it was laughable, to say the least.  But a decent effort for its time.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 2013-12-18, 21:55:13 »
It just dawned on me, That if we discussed what is better Lord of the rings or the hobbit.

There will be Blood.

That all depends. I've forgotten the vast majority of LOTR and only watched it once, and I haven't watched and likely won't watch any of the Hobbit ones. Sooo, I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch this blood ensue. ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #24 on: 2013-12-19, 00:21:49 »

There will be Blood.

That all depends. I've forgotten the vast majority of LOTR and only watched it once, and I haven't watched and likely won't watch any of the Hobbit ones. Sooo, I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch this blood ensue. ;)

There will be Blood.

There will be Blood.

THEY SPILLED FIRST BLOOD!! Not me!
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #25 on: 2013-12-19, 22:24:09 »
Im going to start friend requesting you guys on fb.
Who wants me to send them friend requests.

"your you using websites as leverage to get friends on facebook"

Yes me, I am. no, not exactly.

"You need to get an albion sword"

Do you have 500 bucks?
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order