"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: Highlander "reboot" has a director, looks like it will actually be produced  (Read 12641 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
The 5th one...was that with Mario Van Peebles as that dark wizard?  I didn't like that one at all...tbh, I felt that only the first one was really worth watching.  Didn't much care for the show either.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
The 5th one...was that with Mario Van Peebles as that dark wizard?  I didn't like that one at all...tbh, I felt that only the first one was really worth watching.  Didn't much care for the show either.

That was Highlander III. Better than 2 & 5, worse than 1 and 4. The rumored 5th one dealt with immortals becoming mortal and some other hokey stuff that I won't mention, as I won't be able to keep my lunch down if I discuss it much.

The 4th was cool to me since I liked the first movie, as well as the TV series. I saw the TV series about halfway through before I saw the first movie, and the 4th brings the movie and TV "highlanders" together, which was neat.

I actually found the show series better than any of the movies. Some of the episodes are a little slow moving or tedious, but the overall characters were great, and some of the aspects of human nature and chivalry it dealt with in the episodes were phenomenally thought out.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
I am refering to the Sean Connery one. I think the first movie. Idk When was the last time you guys saw it. It was at least a year or 2 ago I saw it.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
That was Highlander III. Better than 2 & 5, worse than 1 and 4. The rumored 5th one dealt with immortals becoming mortal and some other hokey stuff that I won't mention, as I won't be able to keep my lunch down if I discuss it much.

The 4th was cool to me since I liked the first movie, as well as the TV series. I saw the TV series about halfway through before I saw the first movie, and the 4th brings the movie and TV "highlanders" together, which was neat.

I actually found the show series better than any of the movies. Some of the episodes are a little slow moving or tedious, but the overall characters were great, and some of the aspects of human nature and chivalry it dealt with in the episodes were phenomenally thought out.

My opinions are pretty similar. The first was the best film, dated and filled with '80s campiness, but still very enjoyable and artistically done. #2 was a huge step down, #3 was a little better after 2.

#4 was not great as a sequel to #1, but it was nicely done as an extension of the series (overlooking some cheesy details).

#5 does not exist. Someone forgot everything they knew about movie making. So it never happened. Period. ;)

I enjoyed the series, but it had its ups and downs. Seasons 3 & 4 were probably the best, and then after that it took a nose-dive.

« Last Edit: 2013-11-07, 01:21:01 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Aiden, it must be at least ten years since I last watched Highlander.  Might be more...
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I am refering to the Sean Connery one. I think the first movie. Idk When was the last time you guys saw it. It was at least a year or 2 ago I saw it.

At least a couple times this year

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
It might just be that I don't appreciate the movie as much because I didn't grow up with it.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Nostalgia can definitely have an impact on how you view something.  I think back fondly to episodes of tv shows I grew up watching like Transformers, the A-Team, etc etc- having watched some recently I certainly did not remember how poorly written they were but because they're a part of my adolescence, in a weird sort of way, I still love'm.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
people of the planet ziest, here me
ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if you dont take it out and use it, its going to rust

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Nostalgia can definitely have an impact on how you view something.  I think back fondly to episodes of tv shows I grew up watching like Transformers, the A-Team, etc etc- having watched some recently I certainly did not remember how poorly written they were but because they're a part of my adolescence, in a weird sort of way, I still love'm.

Aye nostalgia is a powerful thing, So many long for the past- but there are many that never wish to return to it.
I think the same can be said for the movie Excalibur, when I saw It I liked it. And alot of the Members on this forum or people that get knight stuff grew up with it, and It could be said it was there inspiration.
it certainly stays pretty true to the arthurian legend. but there were some aspects I found to make the movie lack.
The sword in the stone was in london originally. But I guess I didn't mind that too much, considering uther wouldnt have had time to make it all the way back to legend to cast a sword in a stone.
but the lack of, Civilization could be said for budget. (camelot was so shiny it was reflective, DEER GOD- probably tricks killer rabbits)
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
The actors played he parts in Excalibur well. I just didn't like the voice of Arthur. The way he sounded and talked bothered me I don't know why.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
people of the planet ziest, here me
ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if you dont take it out and use it, its going to rust

That was the atrocious second one :)

"I'm General Katana. I fight with a broadsword." :facepalm:
« Last Edit: 2013-11-08, 16:42:12 by James Anderson III »