Main > The Round Table

The Evolution of Man through the Ages

<< < (5/5)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-08-20, 14:02:38 ---In a time when there was less medical technology, less forensic and justice methodology, more dependence on having a good harvest and an easy winter, people were more interdependent in general. Modern technology and culture allow us to live slightly more in a vacuum. :)

--- End quote ---

I agree, especially with the statement I bolded; I believe there was more of a sense of community- everyone played their part and each was aware of the others' output, be it the miller, the baker, farmers or what have you.  With the advanced tech we have at our disposal, we can (and usually do) install additional layers between ourselves and other people- to the detriment of some who try to live full-time in their own little fantasy world.

I'm guilty of it myself...I use tools because they're easier than face to face interactions; sometimes you can get caught up in whatever it is you're doing, quite possibly forgetting, for a time, that there is an outside world and you are indeed a part of it.

Sir Nate:
If the world ever had to go back to those ways, to carry a sword instead of a taser. Would people in general, become better people. It seems so many people are ignorant to the outside world. They think a pair of shoes is more important. Aye although communications were slow in the middle ages and it could take the average man a month or two to find out about a new war. they would still care wouldn't they?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version