"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL  (Read 12435 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL
« Reply #15 on: 2013-06-24, 00:15:06 »

more at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200674450436976.1073741833.1032321511&type=3

not what a i wore to the event (save the gun belt and the shirt(that i wore in the 3:10 to Yuma fight) but another cowboy impression.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2013-06-24, 11:52:09 »
Wouldn't want to run into you on some backwards trail in Va or WVa.  lol

Looks good man!
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #17 on: 2013-06-27, 00:20:22 »
Not a bad combo!  An 1860 Colt Army with what appears to be an "improved Henry" model 1866 Winchester "Yellowboy" 8) one of my all-time favorite rifles by the way.  Also, if you were to "upgrade" your Colt into a cartridge conversion, the most prolific round for it was the .44 Henry.  The 1860 Colt, Yellowboy and Open Top revolvers were some of the first to have a matched round for hand gun and rifle.

I truly wish we lived a bit closer to each other Sir Wolf!  Nice set!

I also have to wonder, in that your portrayal down to the square-toed boots, proper mexican double loop holster placed reverse on the left hip, suspenders, proper pants, shirt, and even hat for the Transitional Period (1865-1876) if you are a member of the National Congress of Old West Shooters? http://ncows.org/ if you are, than Huzzah to a fellow member, and if you aren't, take a look at them.  You'd fit right in, and even qualify for the vaulted position of an "original" too I'd wager.

keep yer top not!
Willy Dixon - SASS/GAF/NCOWS
Pat
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #18 on: 2013-06-27, 00:32:58 »
lol this was my wrangler set up. I'm saving up for a linen or canvas duster and "non wool" pants
i have a dandy all matching black get up too (pants, vest, jacket.) for that i wore my holster on my right hip and same hat. Nice black boots with spurs(under the pant leg style), white shirt with maroon puff tie too! no one seems to have taken a pic of me at the event so guess I'll never get to see what i looked like. lol

I wanna get a 44/40 revolver. That way it'll match my ammo for the rifle. Make it easier to change back and forth.

nah, Old Bedford Village was my first cowboy outfit. i died twice and got robbed off the stage couch. really fun. about 140s reenactors.

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
« Reply #19 on: 2013-06-27, 01:00:40 »
heeled 44-40 handloads are great in a cartridge conversion Remington Army.  :D trust me, she's my all-time favorite handgun to shoot.  Let me know if you need any help with all of that too.  Be happy to spread the wealth so to speak.  Now... if only I can get my business off the ground!  8)
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Lord Ciaran

• New Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: 2013-07-01, 17:10:38 »
Cool to see some fellow cowboy action shooters here. My rig is similiar , 1866 Winchester in .44 special and a pair of 1872 open tops in .44 special.

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
« Reply #21 on: 2013-07-02, 00:19:52 »
Lord Ciaran,

nice combo!!  .44 special is so fun to shoot in blackpowder handloads.  Just be ready for a good bark if you go full charge like the originals had.  Of course, one reason to go with black, especially "holy black" versus smokeless is the flame that bellows out the front! :D

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 2013-07-11, 15:53:47 »
lol this was my wrangler set up. I'm saving up for a linen or canvas duster and "non wool" pants
i have a dandy all matching black get up too (pants, vest, jacket.) for that i wore my holster on my right hip and same hat. Nice black boots with spurs(under the pant leg style), white shirt with maroon puff tie too! no one seems to have taken a pic of me at the event so guess I'll never get to see what i looked like. lol

I wanna get a 44/40 revolver. That way it'll match my ammo for the rifle. Make it easier to change back and forth.

nah, Old Bedford Village was my first cowboy outfit. i died twice and got robbed off the stage couch. really fun. about 140s reenactors.

One thing I'll say- you look too clean.  ;)  Oh, and love the new avatar man...
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€