Main > The Round Table

The Westford Knight!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-06-26, 14:09:52 ---I don't know...I'm not sold on it.  You mentioned Sinclair being the descendant of a Templar grandmaster...which one might that be?  There is a record of a Henry and William Sinclair, testifying against the Templars at the 1309 trial but that is an act inconsistent with any alleged support or membership, wouldn't you say?

--- End quote ---

Watch those shows & you'll be updated. I mentioned these to Sir Nathan in another forum topic way back.
According to Lomas, the Sinclairs and their French relatives the St. Clairs were instrumental in creating the Knights Templar. He claims that the founder of Templars Hugh de Payns was married to a sister of the Duke of Champaine (Henri de St. Clair), who was a powerful broker of the first Crusade and had the political power to nominate the Pope, and to suggest the idea and empower it to the Pope.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-06-26, 20:22:50 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-06-26, 14:09:52 ---I don't know...I'm not sold on it.  You mentioned Sinclair being the descendant of a Templar grandmaster...which one might that be?  There is a record of a Henry and William Sinclair, testifying against the Templars at the 1309 trial but that is an act inconsistent with any alleged support or membership, wouldn't you say?

--- End quote ---

Watch those shows & you'll be updated. I mentioned these to Sir Nathan in another forum topic way back.
According to Lomas, the Sinclairs and their French relatives the St. Clairs were instrumental in creating the Knights Templar. He claims that the founder of Templars Hugh de Payns was married to a sister of the Duke of Champaine (Henri de St. Clair), who was a powerful broker of the first Crusade and had the political power to nominate the Pope, and to suggest the idea and empower it to the Pope.

--- End quote ---

There's a family tree (including marriages) that goes from Hugh de Payens all the way to Christopher Columbus, including the theory that Columbus didn't "discover" America and was simply handed the route. Lots of interesting info and theories surrounding this kind of thing. I'll have to see if I can dig it up again. I've been keeping a log of some random facts I think correlate down the line, and need to get them posted somewhere.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote ---"Holy Grail in America" and "America Unearthed"
--- End quote ---

I think I watched the ""Holy Grail in America" on Netflix but do not recall the details of it. Did they have some reenactments of templars with a tower built somewhere on the east coast? - Either case I'll have to queue them up to watch this weekend!  :)

Lord Dane:
Newport Tower in Newport, RI. Templar Church from 1400 NOT Colonial era windmill from 1600's. Coincides with 1398 American expedition of Henry Sinclair.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-07-06, 18:43:26 ---Newport Tower in Newport, RI. Templar Church from 1400 NOT Colonial era windmill from 1600's. Coincides with 1398 American expedition of Henry Sinclair.

--- End quote ---

Was also recorded in a ship log of (I may have the name wrong) Amerigo Vespucci? Or someone making a voyage in that area who reported the tower at/near current Newport area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version