"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: Whats your favorite recipe?  (Read 7210 times)

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
Re: Whats your favorite recipe?
« Reply #15 on: 2013-05-27, 22:41:27 »
That's a great smoked salmon recipe Hrolfr!
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

LadyRiona

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: 2013-06-05, 05:28:18 »
My mother and I are known for our baked goods (cookies, pies, etc), but my favorite recipe is probably one of my own for a lemon basil chicken.

For easy cleanup, line a pan with foil.

Trim chicken breasts of excess fat.  Poke with a fork a few times and let them sit in lemon juice for a little while (I'm usually impatient, or rushing, so they end up sitting for a maximum of 20 minutes here).

Place chicken breasts in lined pan, sprinkle basil over chicken breasts to the amount you think you'd like.  I'm heavy handed because we love basil.

Optional: sprinkle with cheese.

Bake chicken on 350 degrees (F) until fully cooked, usually 30+ minutes.

Another favorite recipe is my dad's jalapeno poppers.  He halves and hulls some jalapenos first.  To the side he has a mixture of some kind of cheese (usually cheddar) and cream cheese.  He fills the hulled peppers with the cheese mixture and wraps them in bacon, then smokes them until the bacon is cooked and the peppers are tender.  They can also be baked in the oven, but smoking them just adds that extra flavor to them.

These poppers have been requested at multiple events.  Try out the recipe yourself!
"Courage is doing something you're afraid to do; without fear there is no bravery."

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #17 on: 2013-06-05, 19:51:13 »
Ooo,  those poppers sound delicious!  I'd change up the cheese inside for personal preference, but a cheese filled jalapeno wrapped in bacon is my kind of appetizer!

That chicken and basil sounds great too, we'll have to try that here one of these days.
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Hrolfr

• New Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: 2013-06-08, 21:44:01 »
That's a great smoked salmon recipe Hrolfr!

It's simple, and simple is gooder!  ;)

Hrolfr

• New Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: 2013-06-08, 21:49:57 »
My mother and I are known for our baked goods (cookies, pies, etc), but my favorite recipe is probably one of my own for a lemon basil chicken.

For easy cleanup, line a pan with foil.

Trim chicken breasts of excess fat.  Poke with a fork a few times and let them sit in lemon juice for a little while (I'm usually impatient, or rushing, so they end up sitting for a maximum of 20 minutes here).

Place chicken breasts in lined pan, sprinkle basil over chicken breasts to the amount you think you'd like.  I'm heavy handed because we love basil.

Optional: sprinkle with cheese.

Bake chicken on 350 degrees (F) until fully cooked, usually 30+ minutes.

Another favorite recipe is my dad's jalapeno poppers.  He halves and hulls some jalapenos first.  To the side he has a mixture of some kind of cheese (usually cheddar) and cream cheese.  He fills the hulled peppers with the cheese mixture and wraps them in bacon, then smokes them until the bacon is cooked and the peppers are tender.  They can also be baked in the oven, but smoking them just adds that extra flavor to them.

These poppers have been requested at multiple events.  Try out the recipe yourself!

Both sound great (the second alot like ABTs I grill)

Wonder how it would be with lime....   or pineapple juice.

I'll give it a try!