Main > The Round Table

Good inspirational movies

<< < (4/10) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-05-11, 17:00:23 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-05-10, 17:23:31 ---I saw this movie recently:

--- End quote ---

I saw it too, not bad, as you said, it's not KoH or Arn or Knight's Tale level, but it's on Netflix. The rope duel was interesting too.

--- End quote ---

Yea, thanks for mentioning that because I meant to ask- was that practiced in period?  I have read about the holmgang, but that was a Danish/Viking ritual where two men squared off on a staked hide- first blood on the hide or first step off usually determined the victor.

Corvus:
I loved Beowulf - both the live action versions and the CGI version. Yeah I know it is not period, but it was gritty.

Also not period was the original Conan the Barbarian - yeah I know; fiction, but still very cool. The 13th Warrior: Also fiction etc., but inspiring.

And yes, Kingdom of Heaven was a pretty darn cool flick ;-)

Sir Wolf:
i just watched the old Prince Valiant last night. still a great flick. and ooooooooooooh the viking horns!!!!!! lol

B. Patricius:
Corvus,
as far as I'm concerned 13th Warrior is just as "historically accurate and period" as KOH and Knight's Tale or Season of the Witch.  Far as I'm concerned they aren't documentaries and were never meant to be so they're fine.  At least Beowulf is at least slightly based on a period text  ;D

Lord Dane:
'Beowulf' was actually a story told and written in that relative time period, giving it a little more credence historically I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version