Main > The Round Table

Good inspirational movies

<< < (5/10) > >>

Corvus:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-05-14, 12:23:16 ---'Beowulf' was actually a story told and written in that relative time period, giving it a little more credence historically I think.

--- End quote ---

AND...they were all fun films to watch  :)

Corvus:
I just watched a film called 'Black Death' (2010 I believe) starring Sean Bean. It was a pretty interesting film that takes place during the Great Plague and indeed it has an unexpected twist to the plot - which I at least, found intriguing.

Sir Wolf:
:)

B. Patricius:
"Black Death" is one I'm interested in as well.  Just a question though to those that have seen it:
Is it a horror film, like a thriller horror film, the gentlest of those I can think of would be like Jurrasic Park or Jaws. 
Is it a horror film, like a slasher, gory crazy film, like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, or the like?
Or am I completely wrong even with what I've seen and it's actually an adventure flick that happens to have one of my favorite actors in it?  I'm thinking "Season of the Witch" or the first "Pirates of the Caribbean" type, with horror elements but definitely leaning more towards an "action" or "swashbuckler"

I'm not much for most horror films, although some, like Jaws and JP (if you can call them that) are amazing.  If it's more adventure based, I'm totally down.

Sir Edward:
Black Death is more of a medieval adventure than a horror, though it's horror-like. I guess your comparison to "thriller horror" is pretty good, since it's a story that slowly unfolds and a lot of people die, but without being a slasher. But it is definitely gory. There is some very brutal death and dismemberment, particularly toward the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version