"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor."
                -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Author Topic: Von Gottesmund  (Read 11473 times)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
Re: Von Gottesmund
« Reply #15 on: 2011-07-15, 15:18:09 »
Thank you very much Sir James,I'll shoot you that PM shortly.
and yeah, I like FB, mainly cause I can connect with other armour obsessed folks  ;D

And the whole thing was only 370.
Lord Rodney, that is vaguely familiar to what gets posted on Myarmoury every time someone reviews their Albions, and there always seems to be a disembodied Houndskull involved  ;)

And SirWilliam, don't worry, she will be making her debut at our next conquest of a renn fair!
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #16 on: 2011-07-15, 15:43:31 »
Quote from: Sir Nathan
Lord Rodney, that is vaguely familiar to what gets posted on Myarmoury every time someone reviews their Albions, and there always seems to be a disembodied Houndskull involved  ;)

But yet, no one has taken me up on my offers! ???  I'm just trying to help.

Trust me; the houndskull bascinet is much more attractive than my ugly mug.  ;)

edited to add:

Plus, it's SO unfair that Michael is holding three Albion Brescia Spadona's, two of which are his!
« Last Edit: 2011-07-15, 15:47:38 by Lord Rodney »
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2011-07-15, 18:34:43 »
Plus, it's SO unfair that Michael is holding three Albion Brescia Spadona's, two of which are his!

If it makes you feel any better, only two of those are mine.

No, I can't say it makes me feel any better. :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #18 on: 2011-07-15, 19:17:15 »
Very nice Sir Nathen.  ;)
G
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #19 on: 2011-07-16, 00:38:25 »
Hahaha, I wonder why????::)

But really, those Brescia Spadonas need liberating. At least 2. Wanna have a joint Tuetonic/SCA liberation effort, and split the plunder 50/50?  ;)  8)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #20 on: 2013-05-05, 04:22:31 »
Sir Nathan,

after reading through this, I just wanted to ask your current opinion of Von Gottesmund?   :) I too, am looking at a Darksword Armory sword.  I'm debating between the Norman, Type XII, or the Crusader.  Just kind of curious now a couple years later how she's doing for you.  It is such a beautiful sword, and the name does her justly.

YIS
B. Patricius
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #21 on: 2013-05-06, 23:10:44 »
She's held up well over the years, only a slight loosening of the grip (note the metal is still solid as a rock) after many many hits on various objects and hours upon hours of getting swung around.

With Darksword, you have to look at the specs to make sure it will feel alright in the hand. While all of Darkswords stuff isn't finely balanced and a bit heavy, some are much better than others.

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #22 on: 2013-05-07, 00:23:37 »
cool, handle is a bummer, but like you said it isn't that big of a deal and something that does happen, especially with a lot of use.

thanks Sir Nathan.  I was looking at the Norman primarily anyway and I luckily know enough about swords to know what specs and weight I enjoy  :)
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 2013-05-07, 01:20:21 »
As Sir Nathan eluded to, the 'common' complaint with Darksword is there swords are generally a little overbuilt.  Some are not very historical, and some are very overbuilt, but some are diamonds in the rough.  I would definitely take Sir Nathan's word for it on the Norman!
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #24 on: 2013-05-07, 02:08:36 »
Yeah, the sword has great shaping, and the scabbard it came with was excellent quality.
It even tracks well in the cut, and doesn't require much micromanaging in it's movements, but it's just sluggish, and tiring if you use your sword inefficiently.