"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
                -- Theodore Roosevelt

Author Topic: Role Call!  (Read 11231 times)

Lord Chagatai

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
Re: Role Call!
« Reply #15 on: 2013-04-15, 18:23:50 »
Correction...not a flown blown member of the order but interested in becoming a member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #16 on: 2013-04-15, 19:25:34 »
Hi folks, just a reminder that membership on the forum is not automatic membership in the Order of the Marshal (the two are separate entities, though closely linked). Ideally we can all take time to get to know each other, and then the requisite sponsorships for membership in the Order are usually pretty easy to get if you're a like-minded, chivalrous sort of person. :)
« Last Edit: 2013-04-15, 19:28:03 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Lord Chagatai

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #17 on: 2013-04-15, 22:44:16 »
Sir Edward,
Do we just post an ask for sponsorship or should we send an email or something to that nature? Just curious, for when I am ready to look for sponsors..

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2013-04-15, 23:31:03 »
Sir Edward,
Do we just post an ask for sponsorship or should we send an email or something to that nature? Just curious, for when I am ready to look for sponsors..

I think the best way to gain potential sponsorship in to the Order is just participate in the forums and let us get to know you through conversation and posts.  It will happen when it happens so to speak, but it's not something you 'apply' for.  You can read our membership bylaws here:

http://orderofthemarshal.org/bylaws/membership/index/

Expressing interest is a good first step, but just continue to participate and be yourself and that's really all you need do. 
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Corvus

• A wanderer on the road less traveled
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #19 on: 2013-04-16, 02:07:28 »
I was involved with the SCA for years - sometimes as a heavy and other times as a carouser of sorts ;-)  Various martial arts studios over the years as well. Lately my Lady seems to be of the opinion that attending an SCA event or two might be something we should do in the near future, so who knows? maybe I will start re-acquiring armor all over again  ;)
“Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel.”    - Beowulf

Lord Tristin

• Forum Member
  • Always strive to better yourself.
    • My facebook
« Reply #20 on: 2013-04-17, 17:15:20 »
I was a member of the now defunct Northern Horde, their resident Sword and Board expert and bard.
Griffin Persuent A reenactment group of a medieval military camp. I was their Bard and Historian.
Several Martial arts groups and clubs in the past.

Just getting back into it now and looking forward to one day maybe having the honor of being a member of the order of the Marshal.

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #21 on: 2013-05-03, 01:40:49 »
WMA - heavily although around here it's hard to find when it's not
SCA - not a member but I've attended a few wars and have friends within it
Adrian Empire - getting started within this group
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Sir Steven T.

• “absum lucis tenebrae obtinebis” “in the absence of light darkness prevails.”
  • New Forum Member
    • The Knightly Order of the Fiat Lux, Upstate
« Reply #22 on: 2013-05-03, 13:51:18 »
The Knightly Order of the Fiat Lux- A Fraternal Order of Knights dedicated to supporting the concepts of Modern Chivalry through Historical Education, Charity Works/Donations, and Martial Training (Live Steel, Rattan, and or Boffer).  We also have a Pages Program for the children of our members along with the Ladies of the Court comprising of those significant others to our members.

Dagorhir Battle Games (Narnia Unit)- A Boffer style combat game where historical combat meets middle earth. Narnia itself is styled after the fantastical creatures of that wonderous lands. I am Sir Tobias of Narnia there (a fanciful, and damn good looking faun{yes i have furry legs and horns, the ladies love it})

Society for Creative Anachronism- Although not officially a member I do attend several events a year.

Living History Assoc.- An association of historical reenactors which supplys support and supplimental insurance for its members. Medieval Reenactment, and WW2 Airsoft Reenactment
Rev. Sir Steven Thompson
Grand Knights Beacon
The Knightly Order of the Fiat Lux
Upstate New York Chapter