"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: Harnesfechten @ the Virginia Renaissance Festival  (Read 16726 times)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Harnesfechten @ the Virginia Renaissance Festival
« Reply #15 on: 2013-06-05, 21:18:40 »
That's because you're using ghetto-bucket.... you need to get on board with Flickr! :)
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2013-06-06, 13:42:01 »
What, they just change linkings arbitrarily?  I've got like a thousand images on there...I'd hate to have to re-do all that somewheres else.  Here I was hoping they'd just come back on their own.  What's that about insanity being one who performs the same action time and again looking for a different outcome?  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2013-06-07, 02:31:40 »
What, they just change linkings arbitrarily?  I've got like a thousand images on there...I'd hate to have to re-do all that somewheres else.  Here I was hoping they'd just come back on their own.  What's that about insanity being one who performs the same action time and again looking for a different outcome?  lol

Weird, you didn't move anything? Looks like it's in a folder that says "2011" in it. If you move anything on Photobucket, it breaks all the images you've posted before. Forums with stuff posted is the same reason I've been hanging onto my own PB so far. :(
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #18 on: 2013-06-07, 03:35:08 »
It'd be great to see all those amazing pics again. 

That's a shame ghetto-bucket is at it again... definitely setting up a flikr account when and if I ever get a chance at having my camera stuff found  ;D
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 2013-06-07, 12:20:38 »

Weird, you didn't move anything? Looks like it's in a folder that says "2011" in it. If you move anything on Photobucket, it breaks all the images you've posted before. Forums with stuff posted is the same reason I've been hanging onto my own PB so far. :(

Ohhhh...thats what it was.  I changed the folder name- took out the 2011.  Ok, let me go and see if I can fix it.  Not PB fault, all mine.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 2013-06-07, 12:24:34 »
Yup, that's what it was....where's my sign?  ;)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 2013-06-07, 12:38:06 »

Ohhhh...thats what it was.  I changed the folder name- took out the 2011.  Ok, let me go and see if I can fix it.  Not PB fault, all mine.

Been there, done that, so it was easy to figure out. :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #22 on: 2013-06-08, 00:48:00 »
I'm really glad it was an easy fix  :)
those pictures are great!!  Congrats to Sir Nathan!
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #23 on: 2013-06-11, 04:55:31 »
Thank you, the harnessfechten was quite a blast, I love it!
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #24 on: 2013-06-11, 05:41:25 »
Did you guys have or post any videos on the day??
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #25 on: 2013-06-11, 13:35:13 »

A friend recorded some video on one of the days (not sure if he got the harnessfechten or not), but he hasn't sent it to me yet. We'll hopefully see a copy of it eventually.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 2013-06-11, 17:20:18 »
Thank you, the harnessfechten was quite a blast, I love it!

Having never really seen it before up close, I have to say its a different beast from blossfechten.  If I had to describe it to someone, I'd say blossfechten is polite- harnesfechten is not.  Much more like a fight.