Main > The Round Table

Justifiable homicide?

<< < (6/6)

B. Patricius:
I am definitely a fan of the McManus brothers, and indeed plan to have "aequitas" and "veritas" on my person, in my kit, somewhere.  However, being a former federal LE (USCG), who swore an oath, I have to agree with Lord Dane.  I sympathize with this man, I truly do, and I believe he could easily be distraught enough to feel there's "nothing left."  God knows, if anything happened to my girlfriends daughter, I'd be equally 'gone' and very much in a mindset that Corvus is stating.  I've been distraught enough before myself, thought everything was gone (I lost my wife), but there is always tomorrow if we're strong enough to accept it.

But the law is the law.  And that's why the court system has different charges within homicide, and a trial by peers.

now, if something like that happened, and one took revenge for their loved ones, and accepted the consequences of those actions freely, even to not asking for forgiveness of it from a pastor before being put to death.  That is conviction, and something I have to respect, even if I may not agree with it.

Corvus:
Well said, Brother Patricius

And indeed, I too think the McManus brothers rock pretty hard. I always thought that getting Aequitas and Veritas on the forearms would be cool too - except I already have ink there ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version