"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds."
                -- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)

Author Topic: Battle of the Nations (BOTN) Poland - Final Eliminations video  (Read 13869 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Same here...to look at it, there seems to be no real rules.  I would love to participate, but the level of fitness required is more than I'm willing to undertake as I'm lazy when it comes to the gym.  Not to mention getting the kit, flights, accomodations- a lot of guys are doing some sort of fund raising in order to be able to fund the trip.  I help out if/when I can as I would love to go- but not that much.

Who knows, I'm 40 now and I've got a little something to prove.  There's always next year.  Great vid, thanks for sharing.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
That video is just ridiculous. I would love to get a nice fighting kit together and try BOTN sometime.
To people who doubt armour's effectiveness, I just send them BOTN videos. Without those harnesses, those folks would all be dead.
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
That video is just ridiculous. I would love to get a nice fighting kit together and try BOTN sometime.
To people who doubt armour's effectiveness, I just send them BOTN videos. Without those harnesses, those folks would all be dead.

Exaggeration. They would just be more bruised than their egos. :)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir Vander Linde

• Forum Follower
  • Protokoll....
Picture of helm from the French team.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Without those harnesses, those folks would all be dead.

lol isn't that what the armour is there to stop? lol

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Picture of helm from the French team.

:o

If that helmet wasn't there ... I'd wager the skull doesn't take impacts like that too well!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran

Exaggeration. They would just be more bruised than their egos. :)

Without armor, some of them'd be dead- most likely from blunt force trauma and massive injuries to the head, limbs and torso.  Some of the shots those guys land would be lethal w/out their harnesses.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Remember the report that came out last year from the Team USA guy after the event wherein he mentioned the ambulance runs, broken shoulders, severed fingers, torn muscles, and blood?
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Yes, but not a single casualty; the armor works.

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
They aren't pulling their blows, blunt or not, you simply can't take a full on polaxe blow to the head and be able to tell people about it afterwards.
They suffer injuries yeah, I'll grant you that, but they survive, and can fight another day. That in itself with the blows they are taking is a testimony to how awesome armour is.
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Truly, and without said armor...they would no longer be of this world.  No exaggeration there.

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
Just saw this finally and I was interested in the whole concept of BOTN since I first heard about it being talked about on IceFalcon's shop website.

:o
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j