Main > The Round Table

An Outstanding example...

<< < (3/3)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-03-27, 16:33:48 ---Bear good faith that this officer will only enforce the law that is based upon the oath he took to uphold. Discretion is the best tool I have been given as I have it at my disposal to utilize for the job I do. The only true law that protects us is one that allows us to do the same from those who think they act in everyone's best interest (when it is clear that corruption plagues their good judgment & integrity if it ever existed).

God gave us his laws so we would know what is right, moral, human, and decent for all men to follow. He gave us 'free-will' so we would know that we have the ability to choose our own path. Each of us has within what defines us to be men of faith, good in our hearts, sound in our minds, and moral in our souls; or the opposite end of what makes men sinister and corrupt. Our words spoken alone are just words unless our deeds coincide to reflect those principles.   

"Justice (as it is) comes from laws based on faith, honor, prudence and wisdom. Guiding principles I will live by and serve. And if my death ensues from this service, it is for good cause and the better of those whom I protect. If there is any who impose contrary values to these, I swear I shall not serve you; and will with my dying breath speak out against you and defend those of which I pledge my life to protect. For if my life has no meaning then my death serves no purpose. Uphold justice, protect the innocent, serve with benevolence."

--- End quote ---

Hear hear! Well done Lord Dane! :)

Sir Steven T.:
Well said Lord Dane!

Joshua Santana:
Huzzah and well done indeed!

B. Patricius:
I have to say, this is the most entertaining version of this story I have yet to read!
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-03-26, 16:51:41 ---
--- Quote ---I'm sorry, Sir Shopsalot, but we can't sell you a long sword any more. Anything over a 30 inch blade length is deemed an assault sword. Here, have a look at this arming sword with a 26 inch blade. That's plenty for home defense and hunting. What's that? Oh, the roving landscknechts and their 50 inch blades? Don't worry, just wave your sword in the air 6 times and they'll run away. Oh 6? Yes that's plenty, nobody needs to swing their sword 10 or more times. Who? The town guards? Of course they have long swords, why shouldn't they? You? You don't need a big sword anyway.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

that was hillarious!

Corvus:
I used to respect Mark Kelly until he pulled that.

A smart man like him should know that the gun that was used to shoot his wife was not the thing responsible - it was a looney who pulled the trigger

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version