Main > The Round Table

Mistaken identity

<< < (3/3)

Hrolfr:
I have read somewhere that the (either) crossed or uncrossed legs indicated that the person the effigy was carved for either did or did not go on a Crusade.

Kinda foggy on which was either.

Sir Wolf:
crossed legs means he has to forever hold his pee

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-03-29, 01:34:21 ---crossed legs means he has to forever hold his pee

--- End quote ---

(citation needed)

:)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2013-03-22, 15:37:41 ---"William Marshal: Knight Errant, Baron, and Regent of England" by Sidney Painter.  I found this in the library if Kean University.  I was also able to find a copy of "William Marshal: The Flower of Chivalry" by Georges Duby.

--- End quote ---

I've read the Duby book, as well as Crouch's William Marshal: Knighthood, War and Chivalry, 1147-1219; but not Painter.  I'll have to check that out.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---I've read the Duby book, as well as Crouch's William Marshal: Knighthood, War and Chivalry, 1147-1219; but not Painter.  I'll have to check that out.
--- End quote ---

Excellent, there is good reason to like Duby's book.  I have yet to catch Crouch's book.  Painter's book is biographical and has good historical information in it.  It is a very good book that does justice to the legacy of Sir William Marshal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version