Main > The Round Table

New Coat of Arms

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah I am sticking with this one. Even though it looks a bit later I still think it would look nice on a surcoat and shield. Now to get a new shield to paint it onto, where to get a blank shield for under 200 bucks is my question now... I already know I am gonna get a surcoat from Badass Garb.

Lord Dane:
Valiant armoury has done custom heaters under $200. But they r wood not steel. Options for leather covering or metal trims are extra.

Ian:
Sir Ulrich, if you're worried about materials, go with wood, and not steel or aluminum, or some other metal.  The wood would be more appropriate for  your interest in living history / period of interest.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-02-14, 15:17:56 ---Yeah I am sticking with this one. Even though it looks a bit later I still think it would look nice on a surcoat and shield.

--- End quote ---

OK, I'll update the website with it.

Sir William:
Ulrich, these guys make great shields for a lot less than some of their competitors...they've made two for me thus far.

http://www.oakheartarmory.com

They recently did up a heater for me, rimmed in steel, strapping and a guige strap as well to hang around the neck, all for about $100.  I have not found anyone who does it better for less.  If you intend on painting it yourself, a blank'll run you about $40 to start, then maybe $20 more for strapping and such.  If you opt to have them paint it, that might cost an extra $30 but that's still less than $100.  I'd check them out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version