Main > The Round Table

New Coat of Arms

(1/6) > >>

Sir Ulrich:

I been designing various different coat of arms. Sticking to my red and black heraldry colors however. I am rather unsure of what one to pick. I did put the Teutonic knight cross in the quartered one which I think looks better than the rest. The halved one looks rather nice too IMO. I did put the sun in it because my family coat of arms crest has that in it. Not sure what one to pick though.

Sir Ulrich:

I am going with this one. I decided a red sun doesnt look right but when I use a metal color it looks better especially against the black. I decided to add a metal color to the cross again so it looks more legit rather than being something that looks incomplete. Only 2 colors makes it look rather... bland. But for clothing 2 colors are fine, shields with designs not so much.

Sir James A:
Posted on FB too, but yep, that last one with the gold suns looks best.

Sir William:
Ahhh...the Roman style sun.  I like it...don't know what it means, have you worked out the blazon yet, Ulrich?

Sir Edward:

The most recent one works the best with the heraldry rules, as the others all had color on color. Remember, black is a color (though some groups will sort of treat it like it can sometimes be a metal, but that's not really correct).

As I was saying on facebook, technically the crosses should be "sable, fimbriated argent" so that they don't have color on color. The outer black line on them would not be part of the official heraldry, to make this work, but sometimes people leave a black outline anyway just to make the charge more visible distinct, or because that's how they find the clip-art. I'd probably make it a thin line, but really it's up to you.

One possible way to blazon it would be like this:  Quarterly sable and gules, I and IV a sun in splendor Or, II and III a cross pattee sable fimbriated argent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version