"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                -- Eddie Rickenbacker

Author Topic: custom scabbard  (Read 4023 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
custom scabbard
« on: 2013-02-07, 23:41:48 »
so who's gonna have the first order of the marshal scabbard? lol the gauntlet has been tossed!

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
Re: custom scabbard
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-08, 06:39:41 »
so who's gonna have the first order of the marshal scabbard? lol the gauntlet has been tossed!

It's on like Donkey Kong!!!  :P However, blade before sheath.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-08, 19:40:48 »
Hadn't thought of it...I'm thinking one of the Knights of the Order should be one to carry such heraldry, though.  I actually do have a sword that needs a scabbard though...my Albion Knight (SL) is currently without a 'home' so to speak.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #3 on: 2013-02-08, 20:29:34 »
Hadn't thought of it...I'm thinking one of the Knights of the Order should be one to carry such heraldry, though.  I actually do have a sword that needs a scabbard though...my Albion Knight (SL) is currently without a 'home' so to speak.

Sir William, anytime your 'Albion Knight' feels unwelcome & in need of a good home, 'my scabbard' can accomodate free-of-charge. Just sign this piece of irrelevant parchment relinquishing all such legal rights, etc. etc. ... it's just standard practice, you understand.  ;D

On the other matter, I agree. An Order Sword of the Marshal & scabbard should be a future acquisition for Order ceremonies, etc. Knights should be 'knighted' with their option of sword (their own or other) but 'ordained' into the Order of the Marshal with a ceremonial blade. Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-08, 20:37:06 by Lord Dane »
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-12, 15:56:47 »
Ha ha ha...your 'generous' offer is duly noted, sir.  I can't let my Knight sit in just any scabbard though...I would need to know what inhabited said scabbard before I took it off your hands.  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€