Main > The Round Table

Armored or Not- what makes you a Knight?

<< < (5/10) > >>

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---What makes a man a knight, is not his tools but his fortitude and understanding. The knowing that he never stands alone even when he has fallen, that his sword shows compassion equally to death, that what must be done is not always right, a man who can show kindness before and after a war to his enemies, but never during, to have honor and pride but never force upon them the job of the crutch, to have respect for all things, and to hold truth, honor, loyalty, reverence, and courtesy above all material things. That is what makes a knight. (to me any way)
--- End quote ---

Well spoken Sir Vander.

--- Quote ---Ultimately, knights did not parade themselves around in full harness (unless at tourney). However, in the today many would not assume you are a knight if you didn’t have armor unless they were familiar with historical textiles and wears.
--- End quote ---

True indeed.

--- Quote ---hat is important is sharing your thoughts, good Sir. Well-spoken words should always reflect the intended meaning without being perceived by others as anything less. Acting upon them is what must be done in good faith and what makes a man knightly. :)
--- End quote ---

Amen and Amen!  Well said Lord Dane.

Lord Chagatai:
I don't think armor has anything to do with whether you are a knight or not. Its in the way that you carry yourself in everyday life. If you strive to live by the code then you are a knight in all aspects of the meaning of it. You knightly manner is your armor, the way that you live the code defines your character. Most attacks in the modern age are used with words so your defense is your code.

The armor IMHO is for show and to make us recognizable to others although your actions should make you recognizable too. But you are right it would not look pretty running around the faire "naked".

Here is a picture of my rig..

Lord Murchadh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---I don't think armor has anything to do with whether you are a knight or not. Its in the way that you carry yourself in everyday life. If you strive to live by the code then you are a knight in all aspects of the meaning of it. You knightly manner is your armor, the way that you live the code defines your character. Most attacks in the modern age are used with words so your defense is your code.
--- End quote ---

Exactly, exactly!  Well spoken.

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote ---But you are right it would not look pretty running around the faire "naked"
--- End quote ---

Speak for yourself! I have the body of a Russian God.  ;D

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-04-03, 00:36:59 ---
--- Quote ---But you are right it would not look pretty running around the faire "naked"
--- End quote ---

Speak for yourself! I have the body of a Russian God.  ;D

--- End quote ---

A bulldog named "Boris"???  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version