Main > The Round Table

Armored or Not- what makes you a Knight?

<< < (3/10) > >>

Thorsteinn:
A real knight uses his whitebelt to keep his surcoat closed.

Sir William:
Who wears open surcoats? lol

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-03-05, 20:10:37 ---Who wears open surcoats? lol

--- End quote ---

Well sometimes I like to let loose & let the surcoat just hang there like a robe. Now where are my slippers???

SirNathanQ:
I say that the armour is simply an outward expression of the knight within, especially in our context. It's really just letting a person's chivalry shine out for all to see, similar to an amplifier to an electric guitar. Does it make the sound? No, but its loudness and prescence are the reason you can't play like a rockstar without one.

Sir Steven T.:
I have often pondered this very questions myself, and it is one that I pose to each and every Squire I take under my wing prior to them becoming a knight. My humble opinion is that Knights are not made, they are recognized. What makes one a knight is a special something inside them that sets them apart from thier fellow man. It radiates a leadership on the field and off ( a natural willingness to listen to them), a sense of trust that allows people to divulge thier inner thoughts to them with complete confidence that they can be trusted (even if they hardly know them), an ability to be strong when others need them to brace upon, and to be gentle when they need to be comforting. A knights greatest virtues are in how they affect those around them in a positive manner. Does this mean a knight is morally perfect, by no means. A knight is a mortal and as such will fail to live up to thier beliefs from time to time, but a knight that believes in a code has the strength to aknowledge his weaknesses and failings and get back up and try again. To the point of armour... I believe that the armor is akin to a uniform, its so that people see us and know we are knights, not for our egos, but rather for thier ease. From a marketing standpoint, the flash of the armour and the clash of swords draws people to us, and allows us to meet them so that we find those diamonds in the rough in the crowd.
Just my 2 cents worth my Brothers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version