"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                -- Marcus Aurelius

Author Topic: Sherwood Forest- TX  (Read 9784 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Sherwood Forest- TX
« Reply #15 on: 2013-02-12, 17:23:03 »
I've been talking to the guy from Smiling Orc Armory; he works mostly in spring (he'll do other steel types if that's what you really want, but will exhort the bonuses of wearing spring steel lol) and I've seen some of his work, not firsthand though- but from what I saw, he might be the go-to guy if Allan doesn't want to do it.  Mind you...his prices are considerably higher, but I'm thinking that the medium has alot to do with it.

Material cost for spring steel is considerably higher, and it has to be hardened after being shaped too, so it contributes significantly to the difference in cost. When you're talking a different of 25-35 pounds of weight less for a full cap-a-pie harness, spring steel is *fabulous*.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Sherwood Forest- TX
« Reply #16 on: 2013-02-12, 17:36:27 »
Yes, exactly.  Choices, choices, right?  I'm dreaming of a harness similar to Dr. Capwell's black harness, but for foot since I've no real dreams of being a jouster anymore.  I've seen it, I want to do it- but I don't have the financial backing to apply myself to it. 
« Last Edit: 2013-02-12, 17:37:23 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€