"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Senior pictures in armour!  (Read 6389 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Senior pictures in armour!
« Reply #15 on: 2012-12-18, 17:07:12 »
see it started out that way but didnt finish that way. the original owner died during the building and left it to his much younger wife. she could not inherit his fortune unless she finished the castle.. she took huge short cuts but ended up spending almost all of the money he had left for her in doing so the back wall was all wooden structure, the cieling had parts i couldn't walk on cause it was rotten. lots of stuff like that

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #16 on: 2012-12-18, 20:49:02 »
Thanks Guys! It seems the new guy went and fixed all that. I cannot attest to the roof, but the 2nd level and and back wall are fixed up.  :)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2012-12-18, 21:43:13 »
see it started out that way but didnt finish that way. the original owner died during the building and left it to his much younger wife. she could not inherit his fortune unless she finished the castle.. she took huge short cuts but ended up spending almost all of the money he had left for her in doing so the back wall was all wooden structure, the cieling had parts i couldn't walk on cause it was rotten. lots of stuff like that

Thanks Guys! It seems the new guy went and fixed all that. I cannot attest to the roof, but the 2nd level and and back wall are fixed up.  :)

Wait, is the guy who still owns it the one who has his picture in the dining room of him w/his dogs? Last time I was there (2 years ago?) the second floor was his "modern living space", and only the first floor was open.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #18 on: 2012-12-19, 04:49:30 »
Very cool. I like that mace you had, it looked good with your kit.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 2012-12-19, 18:21:27 »
When I read the thread title, and seeing it was Sir Nathan posting it, I thought I'd see pics of US in various kits from over the past year or so as an amusing tribute to his much elder brethren!  Glad to see it was just him- you're the man Nathan, you cut quite a dashing figure, be it in modern or medieval attire.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 2012-12-19, 18:39:40 »
When I read the thread title, and seeing it was Sir Nathan posting it, I thought I'd see pics of US in various kits from over the past year or so as an amusing tribute to his much elder brethren!  Glad to see it was just him- you're the man Nathan, you cut quite a dashing figure, be it in modern or medieval attire.

I fully expected to see this guy in here somewhere:

Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 2012-12-20, 16:10:19 »
I've seen that picture before they made it into a motivational type poster...hilarious!
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€