"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
                -- Theodore H. White

Author Topic: Chausses arrived  (Read 9584 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Chausses arrived
« Reply #15 on: 2012-09-07, 19:30:54 »
Are you buying from Cap-a-Pie or are you referring to the coverage you'll get?  You're getting the arming clothes from badassgarb still, right?  And you're right, the prices would probably be the same, except the shipping would be a good deal higher.  I'm glad you're going with custom...I think you'll be much happier with it than anything you can get off the rack.

Is she going to do up a surcoat for you as well?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #16 on: 2012-09-07, 22:36:06 »
I am referring to the coverage. And I would rather order this because non custom fitted stuff is always too baggy on me and I dont care for baggy clothing. Surcoat wise I got a GDFB templar surcoat that I need to get tailored as I am probably going to do a templar knight persona. I could do teutonic also but my belts are red and wont match the black and white colors of that order.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2012-09-07, 22:51:17 »
I am buying a Cap a Pie set of arming clothes from there. Everywhere will be covered other than my face and feet. Gonna cost me 400 bucks but it's custom made and should work for me. All custom sized in heavyweight linen with cotton batting and mid weight linen inside. Not sure if thats a good price but I cant really order overseas and I assume if I did I would pay the same amount anyway.

Awesome. Custom was definitely the right choice for you. Congratulations!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #18 on: 2012-09-09, 03:56:00 »
Well I made the payment I hope to see some progress pictures because I am looking forward to having my first custom piece. Everything thats not customized never fits me properly. Still gotta tailor my maille too which will be better once I got my gambeson. Any suggestions on what else I need for Days of Knights?

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #19 on: 2012-09-10, 23:59:24 »
i had someone tell me that the pointy part was the top now... you need to ask icefalcon.  any new pictures?

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #20 on: 2012-09-11, 10:45:37 »
I just sent him an email asking him that question. I havent worn them yet because I have yet to receive my padded chausses from badass garb which I plan to wear under them.

UPDATE:
The bottom is the rectangular part and the triangle part is the top. No wonder they felt so big around my calves.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-11, 21:28:27 by Sir Ulrich »

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #21 on: 2012-09-22, 17:47:47 »
ok who did you talk to for that? hahaha GDFB states the triangle is the bottom. ehhehe i still think either way should work. you will just need to do some major tailoring

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #22 on: 2012-09-22, 18:56:17 »
I asked the icefalcon guy about it and he clearly said it after I emailed him, besides they're rather thick at the triangular part. Not sure what to do now knowing that GDFB says the triangle part is the bottom.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 2012-09-23, 03:30:41 »
IceFalcon isn't a reseller for the GDFB stuff, he has his own styles made, so I'd take his word on it.

They don't look any wider at the triangle vs rectangular part of the "tube", but really, up or down, if they fit comfortably, wear them like that. The most important part on the chausses is orientation of the rings for expansion/contraction, so switching up for down doesn't matter much - upside-down and inside-out leaves the rings exactly the same way. I'm surprised there's no "belt loop" on them - mine had it, and I took it out. It was on the rectangular end on mine.

Kinda clueless.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent