"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Author Topic: Why correct action is good and awesome.  (Read 7285 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Why correct action is good and awesome.
« Reply #15 on: 2012-10-31, 03:59:59 »
I love her, & I have faith she loves me. Her actions, her words (especially the unguarded ones), have not been of someone whom doesn't care.

If she really wanted me gone why then didn't she let me leave?
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2012-10-31, 16:40:59 »
I'm really sorry to hear this. But not everything works out or lasts. But then again, if you still care about each other, that may mean there's still a chance for the future.

Agreed. You left, she left, it's just semantics, together or apart is all that really matters. And if she doesn't want a serious relationship right now, don't try to force her. Maybe you and her can still be friends - and see where that goes, even if it's nowhere.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2012-11-02, 17:19:00 »
Sometimes this can be a good thing, especially if you end up with a lifelong, mutual friendship.  I know it probably hurts now...may be that way for a while, but life still needs to be lived, you know what I mean?

Stay in touch- you love her, you still care, why not stay in her life, at least for now, as her friend.  Everyone needs those, life's a lot harder without them.  Who knows, she may wake up tomorrow and realize the mistake she's made- whatever you do, don't hold it against her.  Everyone's different, we don't all approach situations exactly the same so be understanding, be available...just be her friend.  It seems that is what she wants at this juncture.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2012-11-03, 02:12:32 »
I'm so different than anyone she's dated before (she told me I'm too trusting). I think the fact that I'm a good guy, but still had the capacity when emotionally hurt to be mean, vile, & cruel threw her a bit. We talked tonight via Skype about it. I apologized for what I said & did and I will every time she brings it up till she can forgive me. She told me she is evil & bad. I told her that she is otherwise and that I accepted her for all she was and was not. Dunno. It feels like... like it's not settled between us, like we are in a place to pause & reflect.

And yes, I've entered into weekly counseling sessions.

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 2013-04-07, 20:46:26 »
We've begun to make up. To patch up our.... whatever it is we have. We used powerful words like Family, Home, Love, and Forgiveness.

We matter to each other in way's we don't fully understand. When I mentioned that the first time we met she had told me I "felt like home" to her she said it was as true then as now, and then she said  "I've not had a connection like I did with you before I met you or after".

She's with someone else now, I hope he can make her happy, and if not I will hold her till the tears dry.

I'm just glad she's back. Sometimes people come into your life. People that, without them, you are not whole.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 2013-04-08, 02:24:35 »
Life is crazy sometimes, you never know what twists and turns you'll encounter along the way. Sounds like you have exactly the right attitude about it.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent