Main > The Round Table

On religious fanaticism in parenting

<< < (6/8) > >>

Sir Wolf:
ya isn't it always scary Sir Brian? I have pfc's in my ww2 group that i am in charge of that it donned on me last event that i was more than twice their age hahahaha then i realized i was 18 twice! hahaha scary

SirNathanQ:
Whoops, meant Sir Sorbus  :P  It would seem that any wisdom I do have abruptly ends when it comes to reading names beside posts....  ;)

Sir Ancelyn:
Back towards the party feeling in some congregations, I know what you mean. By now the Protestant denoms are a spectrum of belief and practice. Given how I was raised in the faith such an atmosphere makes me uncomfortable. Other believers are uncomfortable without it. It all boils down to comfort level, familiarity, and perhaps how adventurous a person feels I guess.

Parents will generally decide on what they believe is the right level of involvement and instruction in their religion and ethics, whether or not society approves. This will never change and on the whole (there are some negative examples) I don't generally see much harm come from it. However, regardless of parenting and instruction children are remarkably good at making their own choices once grown. :-)

Oh yeah, hi!

SirNathanQ:
I don't mean to take away from the topic at hand, but how are you Sir Ancelyn? It's been a while. Good to see you again.

Sir Ulrich:
I used to be extremely religious to the point where it made me delusional about stuff. Later when I recovered from that fiasco I have become atheistic but still follow a set of morals. Though some would say I am immoral I dont believe in a black and white (good and evil) anymore like western religion in general does because thats what made me delusional. I guess people with strong emotions are more prone to fanaticism in general. I've always had extreme emotions about things though, since the time I was a kid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version