Main > The Round Table

Birthday Reflections

(1/4) > >>

Joshua Santana:
I thank for the early and late Birthday Wishes.

The reason why I have not posted on Facebook from Monday was I holding Monday to give reverence to my Grand Father's passing which happened the day before my Birthday.  I was 13 at that time and I recalled being the only Grand Child at his Death Bed.  My sister and other cousins came two days after his death.  But I recall him smiling when he held my small hand despite him being in severe pain. 

When I was young I didn't understand why he smiled.  But now I have come to realize that he was smiling because he knew I came for Family and to show how much I respect the meaning of a Family.

It wasn't until this Monday that my Father told that my Grand Father did a noble act worth remembering.  He married my Grand Mother as his way of saving her from the rejection and emotional abuse from her father who never cared for his children after the death of his wife.  My Father later on went to tell that my Great Grand Father was an individual who was Honorable and Noble at Heart.  He was the Man who would be there for Family, he would help other people outside or inside the Family and he took care of My Father when he was young. 

My initial reaction to this was a discovery of a Moral Nobility Legacy that passed from from generations, to my Great Grand Father, Grand Father, my natural Father and now to myself.  This to me is proof of how True Nobility lies in the Heart rather than in family bloodlines.  I am proud of being the inheritor of this legacy and I reasoned that maybe this is why three years ago I felt a fire that burned in my heart to follow my Christian Faith with a renewed Zeal and to follow the Code of Chivalry.

Thorsteinn:
What it must be like to have a lineage worth remembering.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2012-08-10, 00:45:02 ---What it must be like to have a lineage worth remembering.

--- End quote ---

I'm lucky if I remember yesterday without a potential migrane.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2012-08-10, 00:45:02 ---What it must be like to have a lineage worth remembering.

--- End quote ---

What it must be like to have a lineage that can be traced back.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---What it must be like to have a lineage worth remembering.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---What it must be like to have a lineage that can be traced back.
--- End quote ---

Brethren, what I can say is this.  It feels great and emboldening at the same time.  Because of this discovery, I now see a new purpose in my daily living by my Faith and the Code.  This Legacy passed on to me comes with a responsibility of living up to that legacy and to honor it in my future Deeds and Choices. 

I am certain there are relatives or grand parents that you Brethren have.  I find that discovering this legacy adds further purpose to my life and is another reason to fulfill my parent's wishes of completing college and leading a purpose driven life.  I hope you all can find what emboldens you to pursue your dreams or ambitions.  A purpose driven life starts with finding what drives you to live another day, in finding that purpose and seeing it in the long run, that is the beginning of a purpose driven Quest called Life.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version