Main > The Round Table

Birthday Reflections

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2012-08-11, 00:47:27 ---
--- Quote ---What it must be like to have a lineage worth remembering.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---What it must be like to have a lineage that can be traced back.
--- End quote ---

Brethren, what I can say is this.  It feels great and emboldening at the same time.  Because of this discovery, I now see a new purpose in my daily living by my Faith and the Code.  This Legacy passed on to me comes with a responsibility of living up to that legacy and to honor it in my future Deeds and Choices. 

I am certain there are relatives or grand parents that you Brethren have.  I find that discovering this legacy adds further purpose to my life and is another reason to fulfill my parent's wishes of completing college and leading a purpose driven life.  I hope you all can find what emboldens you to pursue your dreams or ambitions.  A purpose driven life starts with finding what drives you to live another day, in finding that purpose and seeing it in the long run, that is the beginning of a purpose driven Quest called Life.   

--- End quote ---

Alright, who brought the 'fortune cookie philosopher' into the forum???  ;D

Thorsteinn:
Mom: School Psychologist
Dad: Lawyer
mGma: School Bus Driver & weakling.
mGda: Pedophile alcoholic Police Chief.
pGma: Neurotic narcissistic Legal Aide.
pGda: Abusive neurotic Hairdresser; came out of the closet in the '70's.

Past that I know the names of some of the family but both sets of Grandparents don't talk or didn't ask and my only Great Grandparents that lived to see me born (foreign born parents of pGma) didn't talk about the old country.

Geometry tells us you don't always need to know where you were to know where you are if you know precisely where your going.

So I guess "No matter where you go, there you are."

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2012-08-11, 01:48:13 ---Mom: School Psychologist

Past that I know the names of some of the family but both sets of Grandparents don't talk or didn't ask and my only Great Grandparents that lived to see me born (foreign born parents of pGma) didn't talk about the old country.

Geometry tells us you don't always need to know where you were to know where you are if you know precisely where your going.

So I guess "No matter where you go, there you are."

--- End quote ---

Ok. I can try this. Here goes ...

Me: Professional Ball-Buster / Law Enforcer / Trainer / Security Consultant / Medieval Badass / Loving Husband
Dad: Retired CPA / State Employee / Navy Vet. (Deceased)
Mom: Retired Quality Control Inspector / Glass Company
PGDad: Retired Post Master / USPS / Army Vet.
PGMon: Retired Housewife (Deceased)
MGDad: Retired Print Press Mechanic / School Chef / Navy Vet.
MGMom: Retired Housewife / Navy Vet. (Suffering from Alheimers)

Knew my great grandparents briefly but not much remembered ..... have to dig up some local history.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Alright, who brought the 'fortune cookie philosopher' into the forum???  ;D
--- End quote ---

LOL! I was only expressing my thoughts when I heard this from my Father.

Rautt:  I understand that you come from a broken family.  I sympathize with you and I know what it feels like to have relatives that have fallen from grace and are working to regain a start in life.  I am the only one in my family line with a college degree (the others do not) and I think the only one who has followed the Christian Faith with Zeal and with the Words of Truth.  However broken families end when one family member starts on a Path of Courage and Honor and allows his own Family to live by the same principles as he does.  That is the beginning of the legacy that I have inherited, it started with my great grand father all the way down to me and the amazing part is that it started with one man.  You Rautt can be that one man who can start again by living by Courage, Loyalty, Honor and Moral Nobility in your daily life and in any adventure you undertake.

Lord Dane:  I can tell you have been inspired by your family line to join the Police Force as a means of serving your community and I commend you for that.   

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2012-08-11, 01:48:13 ---Mom: School Psychologist

--- End quote ---

Seems like a fun game. :)

Mom: Office manager

Dad: Public Safety / Fire Science / Anti-terrorism training

mGma: Housewife (grandparents came over from Germany)

mGda: Phone wires (pole climber) / General Phone stuff (1/2 or 1/4 Native American - and VA State archery champion 7 or 8 times). Also, VA District Deputy Grandmaster of the Masons (which we found out *after* he passed and saw his membership card - ugh, the things I'd have asked him!!)

pGma: Office/Administrative/Single parent for most of her life (see below) - From NY

pGda: Passed when my dad was 4 or 5 years old

pGreatGda: 1st Fire Dispatcher of Loudoun County

Uncle/dad's side: Undercover investigator / law / real estate (mentioning this cause the undercover stuff is pretty cool)

So within the last 5 generations, I've got New Yorker, Native American, German. Then, according to somebody who did some family research back when I was little, Upper England/Lower Scotland further up the tree. Which makes me a native american, german, english, scottish, new yorker "mix". I guess the only thing as frustrating as not being able to trace your heritage is knowing it's across half of europe and the US, and not being able to call any particular place "the homeland". Explains my fascination with armor and archery quite well, though. :D

Joshua, happy belated birthday. It's always easier to stay strong to faith and/or philosophy when it has personal heritage to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version