Main > The Round Table

How deferring to Women because of their sex is bad.

<< < (6/7) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-02, 21:06:24 ---And naturally, you don't strike a women just because her sex is bad.  That was the first thought I had when I read the title initially- then re-read it and realized what it actually meant.  I say it now because its funny.

--- End quote ---

Actually Sir William ... I would think you would thank her if her sex is good.  ;D LOL 

SirNathanQ:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-02, 16:50:35 ---Nathan, under normal circumstances, that is as it should be.  If she's armed, however, you must do whatever it takes to ensure you survive the encounter.  Hopefully so that she will, too, but you first.

--- End quote ---

Sir William, I refer not to being passive. There are many ways to disarm and disable someone that don't involve a single strike being thrown. If I fought someone armed, male or female, I would concentrate more on neutralizing the weapon than striking. 

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-08-02, 20:49:22 ---Sir Edward, I am shocked. You forgot biological differences.  ::) LOL

--- End quote ---

Well uhm, I figured that part would be well understood. :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-08-02, 21:32:32 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-02, 21:06:24 ---And naturally, you don't strike a women just because her sex is bad.  That was the first thought I had when I read the title initially- then re-read it and realized what it actually meant.  I say it now because its funny.

--- End quote ---

Actually Sir William ... I would think you would thank her if her sex is good.  ;D LOL 

--- End quote ---

This is true of course...but do you say nothing if it isn't?  Or is there any such thing as 'bad' as far as us guys go?  Probably a conversation a bit too risque for open consumption.  ;)

Sir Nathan, understood...I was thinking more along the lines of neutralizing the threat...that is, the weapon and the assailant.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2012-08-03, 01:23:48 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-02, 16:50:35 ---Nathan, under normal circumstances, that is as it should be.  If she's armed, however, you must do whatever it takes to ensure you survive the encounter.  Hopefully so that she will, too, but you first.

--- End quote ---

Sir William, I refer not to being passive. There are many ways to disarm and disable someone that don't involve a single strike being thrown. If I fought someone armed, male or female, I would concentrate more on neutralizing the weapon than striking.

--- End quote ---

Smarter tactics would be to neutralize the person, Sir Nathan. The weapon is one threat only harmful when held by the aggressor still bent on harming you. Striking is one aspect of fighting, as is restraint & locking techniques to immobilize an opponent til they become passive enough to stop the aggression. But situation dictates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version