"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Crusader Monk scabbards  (Read 4559 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Crusader Monk scabbards
« on: 2012-07-09, 18:49:07 »

http://www.crusadermonk.com/

Has anyone gotten one of his scabbards? I'm curious to see how the finished product looks close up, how good of a fit and finish, etc. It looks like a very affordable option.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
Re: Crusader Monk scabbards
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-09, 19:27:46 »
Nope but his leather scabbards and belts are certainly impressive.
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-09, 23:58:25 »
That's Jon Sarge from MyArmoury, he's putting out some very nice work.  I'm very pleased to see a lot of options opening up in the scabbard market.  Especially stuff like this, where's it's well done, aesthetically pleasing, and affordable!
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2012-07-10, 12:46:25 »
Hmm, I might give that a shot later this year. Always happy to support a US company, especially veteran owned. Just need to get a sword that's worth getting a nice scabbard for first. :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2012-07-10, 15:24:26 »
I do, actually.  He did my H/T Bastard...hold on, got pics here somewhere...I'll dig'm up and post them if I can find them.  My only beef is that he doesn't sew the back of the scabbard but that keeps the cost down.  I think I paid $260 for mine, and he built a scabbard and rig plus a belt to go along with it, nice lines, crisp stamping and vivid colors...overall a great job, especially considering the price.

Edited to add: something weird's happened...I can no longer access my photobucket account; it is not recognizing my username, email or password.  Anyone else have this happen to them?
« Last Edit: 2012-07-10, 15:43:49 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2012-07-10, 18:16:35 »
Edited to add: something weird's happened...I can no longer access my photobucket account; it is not recognizing my username, email or password.  Anyone else have this happen to them?

Mine's working

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2012-07-10, 20:59:44 »
I'm back on now...that was weird.  It refused to recognize my username or email address, even when I requested a new password.  Odd, that.  In any case, here you go.  Oh, he also did the grip for me too, hence the extra cost.

“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #7 on: 2012-07-10, 21:35:11 »
very nice job!

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2012-07-11, 13:31:51 »
I like it! Very "military order"ish. Simple and elegant. :)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2012-07-11, 16:37:33 »
He can make it prettier if you are so inclined...I just wanted utilitarian.  Not that most of you would need it, but he cleaned it up for me- had some discoloration from usage on the pommel and guard and gave the blade a more uniform satin finish (it was pretty rough in the beginning).  Overall I am pleased with what I got, especially at that price point - but for those of you with a nose for the more historical will probably pass on this. 

Jon Sarge is a good guy...I've known him via SBG since the site first opened and he's always carried (and proved) himself with honor and integrity; we've had a number of transactions over the years whether it was armor, swords or other accoutrements.  Interesting little factoid - he was the Boromir model for MRL when they were hawking the LOTR wares; he had longer hair then of course.