"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: New helm?  (Read 13460 times)

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: New helm?
« Reply #30 on: 2012-06-29, 02:51:45 »
I cant find any kettle helm designs that really satisfy what I want in the USA within my price range (below 200). Looks like I'm gonna have to order overseas for one. I want one thats like Joe Metz's but the closest find I could find was sold in Europe. http://gdfb.com/medieval-kettle-hat-size-l-p-541.html
May have to make an overseas order for it because it's closest what I want. That or the 13th century one they offer, which is almost identical to the one I currently own but it somes in a larger size so it could fit my maille under it. I am way too picky with my time period I know but I opt for as much accuracy as I can get in some aspects. Seems most Americans want to reenact is the "plate era" and they only sell stuff from 1350+. Just wish I could see some examples of how period kettle helms looked, havent really seen any from the 1200s.
Guess getting a new kettle helm will have to wait, in the meantime I am buying a helm off of Sir William as soon as I get my paypal working which will work well for a 12th century Templar knight kit which I plan to make work for "Days of Knights" if I can go. Always wanted to go as a Templar and I already have a surcoat which needs tailoring but once i fix that I have an almost complete Templar kit minus chausses which not ALL knights had.