"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor."
                -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Author Topic: HORRID.  (Read 8428 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
HORRID.
« on: 2012-05-24, 20:34:02 »
I don't know which is worse...that it occurred, or that there will be no charges filed for it.  I know of at least one person who should be paid a visit by a number of rough men ready to do him great harm.

http://www.wtop.com/209/2875284/Prosecutor-No-charges-over-boy-in-washing-machine
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: HORRID.
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-25, 00:43:48 »
That is terrible... What the hell possesses people to do things like that?  Only in America would someone not be held accountable for this too...
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-25, 00:54:59 »
Mildly smarter than these people, which I would gladly call colorful words that I shall not post here:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-03/news/31283011_1_tv-station-machine-heartbroken-mother

I can't get past the idiocy of the parents and what they think the cause of the accident was. It's insanity!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-25, 01:53:34 »
Turns out that the Benelli Family of the East Coast Mafia said they've tried but rarely does a guy die from that. You gotta use a dryer to be sure. So the parents are just stupid not criminal.

(side note: Yes, the mob has use dryers to kill & washers to torture)
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-25, 14:06:57 »
Mildly smarter than these people, which I would gladly call colorful words that I shall not post here:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-03/news/31283011_1_tv-station-machine-heartbroken-mother

I can't get past the idiocy of the parents and what they think the cause of the accident was. It's insanity!

Ok, those folks...not necessarily stupid, although I do question the intelligence behind letting your kid climb into the washer as a favorite hiding spot in the first place, I may have misread.

The one I posted, you see the idiot pick the kid up and put him in there- I've used those types of washers before, front loaders lock until the cycle completes- unless you hit the kill switch in the back.  I think their should at the least be some charges of child endangerment and neglect.  I hope whoever is that kid's father sees this and acts accordingly.

When the justice system fails you, you do what you must short of killing someone.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-25, 14:53:50 »

Ok, those folks...not necessarily stupid, although I do question the intelligence behind letting your kid climb into the washer as a favorite hiding spot in the first place, I may have misread.

The one I posted, you see the idiot pick the kid up and put him in there- I've used those types of washers before, front loaders lock until the cycle completes- unless you hit the kill switch in the back.  I think their should at the least be some charges of child endangerment and neglect.  I hope whoever is that kid's father sees this and acts accordingly.

When the justice system fails you, you do what you must short of killing someone.

I googled and posted too quickly, and didn't read the article. The one I posted is negligence, but not malicious intent.

This is the one I thought I was posting - http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16119166 - and I'm not sure one should even stop short of killing that guy. How the wife/mother didn't know her husband would do such a thing, and why she would go so far as to lie about what happened to her child after the fact ... both of them, worthless IMO.

EDIT: Apparently, there were 2 deaths between 2005 and 2009 from washing machines (not counting these stories, of course).
« Last Edit: 2012-05-25, 14:54:58 by James Anderson III »

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2012-05-25, 15:07:19 »
How can people be so incredibly stupid?  The kid acted up in nursery school...what kid doesn't at some point?  Put him in the washer on the cold cycle as punishment...maybe someone should tie him up just below the tideline and see how he likes it.  The woman too.

I think I've seen that somewhere before...in a movie.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2012-05-25, 18:22:45 »
How can people be so incredibly stupid?  The kid acted up in nursery school...what kid doesn't at some point?  Put him in the washer on the cold cycle as punishment...maybe someone should tie him up just below the tideline and see how he likes it.  The woman too.

I think I've seen that somewhere before...in a movie.

Yeah, it really boiled my blood. I saw it posted over on ArmourArchive and did a quick google to grab the article again, and grabbed the wrong one. I don't know how someone even begins to think putting a kid in a washing machine is punishment and not torture. I lost TV, or video games, got grounded ... or if I acted up around my grandfather, the threat of the paddle (though he never followed through - a mention of it was all it took to get me in line - because I knew he would).

"Gee, I can't spank my kid, maybe I'll put him through the wash" ... whiskey tango foxtrot. And for the wife that took him to the neighbors - if the kid was still wet, that's not a normal "fell down the stairs" thing. If she dried him off and/or changed his clothes before taking him - well - she's as much an accomplice as the one who put the poor child in the washer in the first place.