"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: Albion price hike  (Read 28126 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Albion price hike
« Reply #60 on: 2012-06-07, 02:47:35 »
no Sir Edward prefers to set sharp toys in stairways so when he runs down them he likes to try and cut off his toes ;)

No, that just applies to Klingon weapons, not all sharps. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #61 on: 2012-06-07, 18:21:33 »
Yeah, sharp and/or heavy objects over places people will be, and are likely to bump them or the wall that they're on, makes be very nervous. What's worse is that people have an instinct to try to catch expensive things when they start to fall, so I make a point of telling people "It's a sword, it will be fine. However, you will not. Just get out of the way if it falls."

Very true, the solution for that problem is catch it or pick it up with gloved hands. 
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 2012-06-08, 01:31:19 »
Yeah, sharp and/or heavy objects over places people will be, and are likely to bump them or the wall that they're on, makes be very nervous. What's worse is that people have an instinct to try to catch expensive things when they start to fall, so I make a point of telling people "It's a sword, it will be fine. However, you will not. Just get out of the way if it falls."

Very true, the solution for that problem is catch it or pick it up with gloved hands. 

Sharp albions will make quick work of a glove :)

The big problem is nobody is gloved up and "plans" to drop a sword. That's the time to worry and fight your reflexes / instincts - unless you're the 6-fingered man from Princess Bride. And even then, you only want to do it once. ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #63 on: 2012-06-08, 16:05:44 »
Sharp albions will make quick work of a glove

Yikes and ouch!   :o

The big problem is nobody is gloved up and "plans" to drop a sword. That's the time to worry and fight your reflexes / instincts - unless you're the 6-fingered man from Princess Bride. And even then, you only want to do it once.

True, lesson is this:  pick up the sword after it has fallen  ;)
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #64 on: 2012-06-08, 17:14:54 »

Chances are the sword will be fine, especially in a normal house with drywall, wood, and carpet. If it's falling onto stone, that might be different. But it's often easier to fix a sword than to fix a person.

Let it fall. Always.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #65 on: 2012-07-05, 20:47:47 »

Well, I guess the new prices are now in effect. I haven't looked to see what the damage is. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #66 on: 2012-07-05, 22:52:11 »
The real damage is now they should be COMPLETELY out of my price range until after college......  :P
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #67 on: 2012-07-06, 16:55:17 »
That just means you'll have something to look forward to, Sir Nathan...barring the odd bargain that happens along from time to time on myArmoury or SFI.  Or SBG.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #68 on: 2012-07-07, 02:41:37 »
hah i've been out of college for 14 years and there still outta my price range hehehe