"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Albion price hike  (Read 28699 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Albion price hike
« Reply #45 on: 2012-05-22, 21:02:12 »
hahahahahhah

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #46 on: 2012-05-22, 22:22:01 »
Well it so happens I picked up six ¼” x 3” x 44” poplar slats from Home Depot yesterday and had the wood mill where I work plane them down to approximately 3/16” and then I passed them by a disc sander a few times so now they are ready to be soaked/steamed and formed around a blade. Would you like me to bring a spare set for you Sir Edward so you can work on a scabbard core for your Crecy?  ???

Yes, please! Thank you, good sir.

UPDATE:
Well I took the plunge. I just emailed a 6 month payment plan contract to Mike and he told me it is approximately a 12 week build time from when the full payment is made. I told him I will try and schedule the final payment and his estimated build time to coincide with the completion of my scabbard's completion date, which will of course depend upon Brett @ T-Star leather works. BTW, the custom grip color was $25.00 so YES I went with GREEN! :D

Ah, Sir Brian joins the Albion club. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #47 on: 2012-05-23, 16:08:44 »
Ah, Sir Brian joins the Albion club.

That is good, although I will be joining the Albion Club when the Maestro Line Marozzo is for sale and made and when I get my Machiavelli.   ;)
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #48 on: 2012-06-05, 20:16:06 »

BTW, as a reminder, Albion posted this a while back on facebook:

Quote from: Albion Swords Limited LLC
Albion has always offered a 10% discount for current and former members of the US Military as a thank you for their sacrifices...
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 2012-06-05, 20:27:23 »
Sir Brian...you are in for it!  I wanted to bring my first Albion to bed with me but knew my wife would balk at the idea.  :)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 2012-06-05, 21:31:03 »
Sir Brian...you are in for it!  I wanted to bring my first Albion to bed with me but knew my wife would balk at the idea.  :)

I hang a claymore on the wall on "my side" of the bed, and my wife said that it looks uneven without a sword on her side. Perhaps try that? :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #51 on: 2012-06-06, 01:05:54 »
hahahahaha i too have a claymore hanging on my side of the bed!

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 2012-06-06, 14:30:51 »

I hang a claymore on the wall on "my side" of the bed, and my wife said that it looks uneven without a sword on her side. Perhaps try that? :)

Well, I worry that it might fall off the wall in the middle of the night and slice my damn head off (or worse, hers)!
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #53 on: 2012-06-06, 14:39:56 »

Yeah, as a general rule I don't hang weapons over doorways, chairs, or beds. Next to, but not over.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 2012-06-06, 14:59:41 »
Nothing like a Sword of Damocles situation to make one nervous, eh?  I'm with you.  Because accidents happen when you least expect it! 

I learned that in Elder Scrolls, as two deaths I was required to bring had 'accidental death' as the preferred method of choice- so one died as a result of a large mounted head falling on his own as he reclined in his favorite chair by the fire, and the other...had a stone gargoyle fall on top of her head while she made a speech to the commoners.

Accidents...lol

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #55 on: 2012-06-06, 15:32:26 »
Oh Lord do help us.  Accidents?  Swords hanging next to the bed?  What is this? 

I would rather have them pinned to the walls and away from the bed.  That away any accident or double accidents won't happen. 

If the wife asks for a sword, be careful of what you choose.  Don't go for the larger swords like claymores or worse zweihanders movie swords are even dangerous in the hands of the wife).  Rather something nice like a 18th Century Smallsword, a Late 16th or 17th Century Rapier with decorative hilts or of you want something medieval, an arming sword or historical replica will do fine.   ;)

Or if you want, put one sword on one wall and on the other wall, put up a large picture of a rose, so that it creates a nice setting.
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #56 on: 2012-06-06, 15:56:42 »
I think it's best to find out from your lady what kind of sword she would prefer. I know mine would like a very nice late period small-sword. So that's on the shopping list at some point.

Yeah, sharp and/or heavy objects over places people will be, and are likely to bump them or the wall that they're on, makes be very nervous. What's worse is that people have an instinct to try to catch expensive things when they start to fall, so I make a point of telling people "It's a sword, it will be fine. However, you will not. Just get out of the way if it falls."
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #57 on: 2012-06-06, 19:25:49 »
I cut my fingers up pretty nicely doing just that, Sir Edward.  I just didn't want it to hit the ground, and paid for it too.  lol

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #58 on: 2012-06-06, 19:29:10 »

Yeah, as a general rule I don't hang weapons over doorways, chairs, or beds. Next to, but not over.

It made sense in my head, but I guess it's not "my side" specifically:

(pardon the mess)

It's on the wall closer to my side of the bed, but for it to fall, somebody would have to trip between the night stand and dresser, and it would have to come loose from the "blade grabbing hanger" (which I mounted w/a drywall anchor):

http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Demon-Universal-Hanger-Steel/dp/B0019N4IB4

The rest are secure in my weapons cabinets. :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #59 on: 2012-06-07, 01:23:50 »
no Sir Edward prefers to set sharp toys in stairways so when he runs down them he likes to try and cut off his toes ;)