"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: Photo contests  (Read 7675 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Photo contests
« Reply #15 on: 2012-05-14, 23:36:59 »
I don't know how to do it, but, wow, we *really* need to do some photos like these.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5378832/Introducing_Spiral_Cats_Cosplay-5_9_2012

Those are *actual* people. They look like dolls, or ultra-high-polygon 3D renderings. The backdrops are amazing. I can't tell if it's partially photoshopped, or if it's a huge green-screen image, or printed backdrop ... but wow, I'm really impressed by these (being ladies helps, but beyond that too.....)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2012-05-15, 15:34:43 »
Wow...I wonder if what they are wearing is real armor or plastic...it is very ornate. 
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #17 on: 2012-05-15, 16:07:11 »
They're heavily retouched in photoshop, at the very least. I can't tell if the backgrounds are pasted in or not. They used the same background in all of them, so it's possible that they either paid for a royalty-free download and kept re-using it, or they may have done one big photo shoot at the same location.

I haven't tried my hand at that level of retouching, to the point of having an almost painting-like quality to it.

But yeah, I really want us to have some amazing photos to put up on the Order website at some point. But to have some good ones to submit to CF's photo contest in the summer would be cool. At the very least I might submit one or two of my "Albion" hooded photos. :)

« Last Edit: 2012-05-15, 16:10:20 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )