"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                -- Eddie Rickenbacker

Author Topic: Battle Of The Nations. Singles Video's.  (Read 14567 times)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
Re: Battle Of The Nations. Singles Video's.
« Reply #30 on: 2012-05-13, 13:12:42 »
I say we wait until some BOTN hardcores reenact the Black Knight scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Although speaking of concussions and knockouts, I have seen both firsthand without hospitalization in my soccer career.

although the bone fractures usually go to the hospital.
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 2012-05-14, 02:14:14 »
For some more perspective I give you: Wayne "Buck" Shelford, Captain of the New Zealand All Black's

"And now, finally, a good twelve hundred words into the article, we get to the crux of why I chose to include Shelford on the website this week – his incredible, literally balls-out actions during a match with the French national team in 1986 that was so hardcore and brutal it's simply known as the "Battle of Nantes". Actions that rank very high on the list of the most badass things ever recorded on the field of any sport throughout the course of history."

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/shelford.html

:o :o 8)
« Last Edit: 2012-05-14, 02:15:10 by RauttSkegg »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #32 on: 2012-05-14, 14:12:52 »
"And now, finally, a good twelve hundred words into the article, we get to the crux of why I chose to include Shelford on the website this week – his incredible, literally balls-out actions during a match with the French national team in 1986 that was so hardcore and brutal it's simply known as the "Battle of Nantes". Actions that rank very high on the list of the most badass things ever recorded on the field of any sport throughout the course of history."

Half of me says this is good attention and other half says "You got to be Kidding me, have not noticed this at all?"  >:(
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.