"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences."
                -- Koto Midori

Author Topic: What is best in life?  (Read 3115 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
What is best in life?
« on: 2012-08-11, 19:35:58 »
I thought "To see your enemy crushed before you, and hear the lamentations of their women." was a good one. Genghis Khan seems to have had a way with words, assuming this is true:

On one occasion, his lieutenants were idly debating what was the greatest enjoyment that life afforded. The consensus was leaning toward the sport of falconry - Genghis owned 800 falcons - when their leader offered his own deeply felt view.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters," he announced.

Even though I don't agree with him, sounds to me like something one of the greatest conquerors of all time would have said. Stumbled on it, thought I'd share it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-456789/Genghis-Khan-The-daddy-lovers.html#ixzz23GeN4heB
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Fall down seven, get up eight.