"We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey (Quest?) that no one can take for us or spare us."
                -- Marcel Post (1871 - 1922)

Author Topic: sabs on ebay  (Read 7554 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: sabs on ebay
« Reply #15 on: 2012-03-01, 02:13:29 »

Yeah, I figure they'll probably take some work. But the length probably includes the pointy-part at the front of the toe, and of course I may be wearing it over fairly big boots. So we'll see.

That's what I'm assuming, and there's a bit of "space" between the sabatons and shoes that won't sit 100% flush, so it might be close to decent in size. Depending how much extra space of opening on the top there is (if any) it might be pretty easy to trim down if necessary, since it's flat there and easy to cut.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #16 on: 2012-03-19, 18:57:24 »

Forgot to mention, these got here and they're huge. They'll definitely need some resizing downward. It'll be one of those projects that I'll "get around to eventually", I'm sure. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2012-03-20, 12:34:39 »
Forgot to mention, these got here and they're huge. They'll definitely need some resizing downward. It'll be one of those projects that I'll "get around to eventually", I'm sure. :)

Those are the best kind of projects. :) My GDFB sabatons were similar. I wonder which pair is more ridiculously oversized. Sir Nathan saw the GDFBs last weekend.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent